2006 ram 5.7 to 2012 srt8 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanzhouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up guys?

Recently my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 dropped a valve while my mom was using the truck. The motor is toast.

I ALREADY have a 2012 jeep srt8 complete shortblock I purchased a year ago for my 1971 dart project. With under 1k miles(Got a killer deal I couldn't pass up)

With that being said, my question is since the dart project is taking longer the expected and I would like to get my truck on the road (and the performance gain would be nice also). I need to know a few things. As far as swapping the motor what original parts can I use and what do I need. I course I will be getting heads, intake manifold etc. but what about the ecu and harness? Is the block the same mount wise? What heads are compatable with the 6.4? It the swap is too far fetched I could always rebuild the 5.7, but let's just be honest, I already have the shortblock, why the hell not swap it. I know this is my first post but I really need some advise. All help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had the opportunity, I'd sure want to do it, but it sounds like it'll be a financial pig. No doubt it would be badass! You could always do a 6.1 stroker on your original engine.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be a pain in the ass. The ECU would not recognize the teeth on the cam and crank tone wheels, 2006 Rams had a 32ish tooth tone wheel as where in 2009 they changed to a 52ish tooth. The truck wouldn't run. You'd need to change the PCM, possibly the harness from a newer vehicle and still maybe have to have a run ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990