p0452 once again please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So when i got the truck it had the check engine light on for the evap canister. I had it changed supposedly with a mopar original. They told me they didnt change the leak detection pump. I told them mopar original comes with the pump. they said no whatever. I left it alone. I have been back to the shop 8 times in the last 2 months. Ive had them run the smoke machine 3 times and it always came back as everythings fine. no leaks. I changed the leak detection pump twice once new and the second as a waranty cause i thought the first one was defective maybe. Ive changed the gas cap 4 times and still the p0452 comes back every single day. Im ready to burn thisd ***** down soon. Anybody have any other suggestions cause im really starting to regret my decision in buying it now. Ive owned many many chevys and fords and never have i had these kind of problems. If it keeps up im jumping ship back to a bowtie very soon. Ill take a loss on the truck just to get rid of the problem if i have to.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you've already done a leak test multiple times then I'd move on to an electrical problem. I don't know where to begin with it, but the sensors can go bad (and half the time its a bad sensor versus a bad mechanical part). If you're willing to have a shop troubleshoot the electrical, then drop it off and ask them to test sensors with a voltmeter. The fuel pump sending unit has one.

Its also possible that the EGR or PCV valves are plugged, which is a relatively common failure over 100k miles. Those are relatively cheap (60 bucks to replace both), and you can do both of these in under an hour in your driveway.

OP
OP
MTLHEMI

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Would the egr or pcv being plugged give me the same code

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of two things are happening. Either the emissions system is obstructed or an emissions related sensor is bad. I've also googled some people saying the NVLD pump can cause this fairly commonly. The EGR and PCV are part of the system too. Luckily the parts are all relatively cheap to replace. You can pull the PCV and check for build up in 2 minutes. The EGR is about a 30 minute replacement, but you won't really be able to see if the innards are clogged by visual inspection because the metal tubing is so small.

If it were me, I'd run athe appropriate amount of seafoam through the vacuum line, then replace those two valves, and then try the NVLD pump after. If I'd done those 3 things then I'd move on to replacing sensors. Give the seafoam a try. I'm sure you can find a walkthrough online because I've seen it before and its about 10 bucks at Walmart.

OP
OP
MTLHEMI

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
One of two things are happening. Either the emissions system is obstructed or an emissions related sensor is bad. I've also googled some people saying the NVLD pump can cause this fairly commonly. The EGR and PCV are part of the system too. Luckily the parts are all relatively cheap to replace. You can pull the PCV and check for build up in 2 minutes. The EGR is about a 30 minute replacement, but you won't really be able to see if the innards are clogged by visual inspection because the metal tubing is so small.

If it were me, I'd run athe appropriate amount of seafoam through the vacuum line, then replace those two valves, and then try the NVLD pump after. If I'd done those 3 things then I'd move on to replacing sensors. Give the seafoam a try. I'm sure you can find a walkthrough online because I've seen it before and its about 10 bucks at Walmart.

It turns out it was the purge solenoid the whole time. Changed it out last night and no more check engine.:happy107:

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet! Glad it worked out!