Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone has been so helpful answering my questions that it has become addictive asking them. haha. Does anyone have traction bars? I was going to buy some but I didnt know if they were worth the money.

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
Are you in a situation where you're experiencing axle wrap often?

Bar's maintain the geometry of the pinion angle / frame / drive line to keep the rear springs level.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
LOL we are a good group of guys and gals here , feel free to ask anything , you will get a good answerer or 10 . Glad your having fun ..

Now back on topic ..

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i think with more power they are a nice safe guard. caltracs are made for trucks with a flip kit (drop kit) but have an adapter to make it work with regular set ups. bob aka moes performance is the man to talk to about, he used to make his own brand and is thinking of getting bac into it. i was told his set up works on regular set ups

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
They are only worth it if you are suffering "wheel hop" or sometimes called "axle wrap". I have only used Caltracs and they perform without issue.

Last edited:

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
is your truck 2wd? are you having traction problems off the line? what are you trying to achieve?

your first step would be get a good sticky tire (not sure what tires you have). You can also get wider tires that have a bigger footprint.

Generally a limited slip differential (lsd) is the next step, which sends power to both wheels (double the traction).

If you're just spinning, you need more grip. If you're gettin axle hop, you need traction bars to help it stay planted.

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spin off the line..ALOT. It doesnt wheel hop. I have 305-45-22 tires, but it still spun when I put street legal slicks on my stock 17 inch rims. And thats at an idle stomp. The only time she hooks is on the track with ample track bite and good burnouts.

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
o..and I have 3.92 limited slip differential. I've heard caltracs help with traction. Where is the best place to purchase a set?

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Superchips programmer, true dual flowmaster super 44 exhaust with h pipe, brute force CAI w/ throttle bodie spacer, 180 degree therm, djm axle flip kit, and drop shocks. Nothing to make serious power, thats why im so puzzled about why I cannot seem to get traction

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAHA. You right buddy, serious HEMI power. What do you know about caltracs?

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
i dont give advice or an opinion when i dont know much about what im talking about (unlike a lot of people on other forums that just like to post to hear themselves talk). I do know that typically caltracs arent something people go for right away -- kinda like you dont go straight to a cam. You've gotta get supporting mods first. For those that have them, they seem to do the job pretty well.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
we seemto have similar mods and same tire size. i dont spin too much. burn out video tomorrow. daddy needs new shoes

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
do you have more pics of your truck? i like your style. are you running components or coaxils? (speakers)

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Components. Ill have to take some more pics of her tomorrow, or when it stops raining and I can clean her up. There are pics on my profile, but those pics are old, I didn't even have my bedliner sprayed in on those pics

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
youre truck looks to be my white twin

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ha. im talking drop, 22"s, aftermarket hood, alpine set ups. ascetically going down the same paths. paternal twins