reverse camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knilaj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a jensen vx 7020 on my 2011 dodge ram. The reverse camera works, but I have to manually select the camera icon on the head unit. How do I get it to automatically switch to the camera when I put it in reverse? And what color is the e brake wire for the dvd.

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For that model of Jensen you dont need to hook up the ebrake wire to the actual brake all you have to do is ground that wire and you can use your dvd whenever you want however dont use it while your driving!!
As for the backup camera it sounds like you wired the camera to the reverse feed but not the actual head unit. The camera needs to be wired to the reverse feed and also the head unit will need to be as well. The Green/White wire coming off the wire harness for the radio needs to be wired to the reverse feed, this is most likely your issue and will switch to the backup camera when it is in reverse! Let me know if you need any other help