Sub boxes without removing Fold Flat Floor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I want to add some base to my mildly upgraded 6 speaker system (8.4 w/Kicker 3.5", 6.5", 6" x 9"). I'd really like to add a 5 channel amp and single 8" or 10" sealed box that would add a crisp, tight bass (don't need the windows vibrating or my neighbors knowing I'm on my home), everything I've seen (other than a Kicker Hideaway, Memphis Nanoboxx, etc.) requires removal of the Fold Flat Floor. Is there anything out there that wouldn't require removing the Fold Flat Floor? I know that it might rattle with the seat down, but more often than not I would just leave the seat (and FFF) up.

thx

djd

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
right now I'm pretty sure the only box (unless you custom make one) that allows you to keep fold flat floors is the oem alpine enclosure. If you don't have the center console you could remove the jump seat and build a box to go in it's place.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
OP
OP
B

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I found a picture of a dual unit from "BassForms" that looked like it might allow it, however I couldn't get their website to load. Otherwise everything looks to tall. Ughh... would really rather do a box v underseat.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I found a picture of a dual unit from "BassForms" that looked like it might allow it, however I couldn't get their website to load. Otherwise everything looks to tall. Ughh... would really rather do a box v underseat.

I just went on their site and it says you have to remove them.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I am exploring a line converter and aftermarket amp to push the sub I added to the factory box ?

Not sure if that is a sound plan or not

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I am exploring a line converter and aftermarket amp to push the sub I added to the factory box ?

Not sure if that is a sound plan or not

check out net audio, they make an inline harness that allows the addition of Line ouput converters with out having to cut or tap into any wires. A little pricey but worth it in my mind.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Thank you , a harness would be awesome :)

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
You are going to need to go with the custom box route. Reach out to Net Audio (netaudiowf.com). They have pre done forms but let you customize the box to your needs. For this instance you will need to work with them on the available depth in the box and then find a woofer that will fit that depth.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
When I did my sub box I wanted to keep the floor but I couldnt find a sub I wanted that was shallow enough. So, I decided I could live without the driver side portion of the floor and has NetAudio create a box that only used that portion for the sub. I kept the flat floor on the passenger side.

My needs were exactly like yours. I used a JL 10w7 as it would still hit hard and sound great on the amount of air available in the smaller box. Also, make sure you use filler when you install the sub. People say it lets you get by with a smaller capacity box.

Last edited:

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gonna also say NetAudio for the win lol. They do great work and the custom harness they made for my setup works flawlessly. Ditch the floor go with 2 12's [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fox acoustics makes a nice box too. You can keep the fff on one side or the other. That's what I plan on getting as soon as the funds are available who knows when that will be haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk