New Audio and Electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I took the initiative today and replaced the factory stereo with one I had from my old Civic SI. The sound is so much better than the factory I do not really feel a need to change the speakers.

It was not hard at all and I really feel like a tool paying someone else to do it for me in the past. Everyone said it looks real clean and neat.

As a reward for me reusing what I already had my wife let me get a CB. I got a Cobra 29 LTD Classic from Pilot. Visited a local CB shop to purchase some brackets and an antenna. He set me up with a little will and I was listening all day during a road trip.

Looking for a place to mount the CB in the dash or on the middle seat. I have a 2004 Ram 1500 SLT. If I go in the dash I will remove the cubby hole. Do you think it will fit? I might like to stick with the seat but I am having trouble finding a bracket. thoughts or ideas?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Might fit in the spot where the cubby goes, you have already had the conter bezel out and prob saw the 4 screws to remove the cubby. Post up a pic of it, from memory theres not alot behind that area to interfere with it. BTW welcome to the forum bud.

OP
OP
O

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thanks I will get some pics up tomorrow morning. I have been hanging around for about a week since I got my truck. Really been reading a lot to learn.

OP
OP
O

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well I now know it will not fit or it will be so tight it is not worth trying. The best option now is to either mount it to the center console or fabricate my own and remove the seat. I do not use it so it will not be missed.

Any thoughts about a good design to hold both the CB and other radios? I am going to get my HAM license before the end of April.