Airbag light on?!? Read here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hello All,

New to this forum but figured I may have some valuable info to share. If you have a 09-13 Ram with the "airbag light of death", and the dealer still has no clue what it is, I found the problem. I have confirmed this fix in 4 different Rams already, one of which being my own.

Originally I got the light and the dealer replaced the drivers side, side airbag and two weeks later the light came on. After 4 different times of going to the dealer and the light shutting off right as im about to get there, I investigated for myself.

***NOTE: if you get this light, take to dealer first, just in case***

I began poking my head around trying to find something and eventully what I stumbled upon is that the driver and passenger side seat tracks have the loom for the airbags attached to a bracket under the seat, so what happens is when you move your seat full forward, and back, the wires can become separated at the connector (Pin falls out). The fix is relatively simple, simply pull up whatever slack of the seat harness you can and move the clip that holds the loom about three inches from where it was (forward I believe). After that, reinsert or resecure any loose pins and you're done.

This light usually will come on what seems like "out of the blue", but it only reacts to the movement of loose pins (so a bump, adjusting yourself in the seat, something under the seat, etc...)... either way I encourage those with and even without the light to take a look. Hope this finds somebody in good cause.

-Jeremy

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Good info to have thanks a bunch!!

OP
OP
12lowram

12lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Quick "bump"

Had my airbag light come on again, this time for passenger side. The culprit was the jack kit I had used recently had the crow-bar sticking up and my wife slid her seat back and the bar grabbed the wiring harness. It didn't hurt anything, however I am still leery of putting anything under my seat and I zip-tied all of the harness I could to the sliding potion of the seat. Hope this helps someone out.

-Jeremy