Is Mopar Lube Synthetic or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So my question is part number 68218041aa a synthetic gear lube or is it just conventional. I recently had my pinion but recall completed and it feels like something is dragging compared to before the repair I am not sure if it is the lube or the repair itself. It feels like the time my mechanic put in conventional back there and if so I want to swap it. It might also be lack of friction modifier as I don't see that part listed on recall receipt. Hopefully someone knows if Mopar lube is synthetic or not.

$miley

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have used that kind before. The actual stuff they used according to dealer is indeed not synthetic. So not I have to take the time to swap it.

$miley

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Damn Smiley, you got me all worried now. I just got my second notice to get mine done as well. I hope those guys don't mess up my truck!

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My experience with dealers is always bad.

$miley

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they just did the nut part no fluid was needed it is just adding a retainer on the nut

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
They opened it up because since my truck had loose pinion when I brought it in they are required to take it apart and recondition the rear so for many that means to pinion bearings and possible a rebuild if needed. Well mine was not done when they found what I had already told them about aftermarket parts.

$miley