Axle Grease Cap-Where to find?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've looked locally and online and can't find a dust cap for the front axle. Anyone have a part number or supplier? I searched the forum and couldn't come up with anything. You wouldn't think the part would be that hard to find.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Do you mean the black plastic disc that fits over the axle shaft, close to the u-joint to keep the dirt out of the diff tube? Most trucks do not have them and they really don't do squat. If this is what you are looking for I can check the parts book for you if you really want them.

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you mean the black plastic disc that fits over the axle shaft, close to the u-joint to keep the dirt out of the diff tube? Most trucks do not have them and they really don't do squat. If this is what you are looking for I can check the parts book for you if you really want them.
It's actually the center cap that covers lock nut on the front axle. I have a 2WD. Without the cap the wheel bearing and grease and front axle ends are exposed to the elements.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
It's actually the center cap that covers lock nut on the front axle. I have a 2WD. Without the cap the wheel bearing and grease and front axle ends are exposed to the elements.

Thank you that helps me big time.

Here are two possible oem part numbers.

03634741 REG CAB 8 FT BOX and REG CAB CHASSIS WHEEL BASE 3, Med. Duty DODGE 2WD and heavy duty dodge 2wd
52007906 REG CAB 8 FT BOX and REG CAB 6.5 FT BOX, Lt. Duty DODGE 2WD

Also here is a Dorman part number for the non 4000lbs axle DORMAN Part # 13996 this part number was found on Rockauto.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you that helps me big time.

Here are two possible oem part numbers.

03634741 REG CAB 8 FT BOX and REG CAB CHASSIS WHEEL BASE 3, Med. Duty DODGE 2WD and heavy duty dodge 2wd
52007906 REG CAB 8 FT BOX and REG CAB 6.5 FT BOX, Lt. Duty DODGE 2WD

Also here is a Dorman part number for the non 4000lbs axle DORMAN Part # 13996 this part number was found on Rockauto.

Thanks! I don't know why a little part like that is so expensive. I might just find a center cap for my rims.
Anyone know how to locate center caps for rims?

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The center cap for the wheels will not keep water and dust out.

Last time I was in oreillys I remember seeing some bearing caps for multiple makes in the HELP aisle, usually less than 10 bucks.

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess you are right. Center caps on the rims won't really do much. I think the cheapest route would be the trial and error method at the parts store.
Thanks!

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of the HELP boxes say exactly what they will fit, no need for trial and error.

OP
OP
S

suseuser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats a ”HELP” box?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a brand. They are in red and Green boxes and plastic packs that say HELP in Big White letters. Usually they have a whole aisle at places like advance and oreillys. They have a lot of little oddities that people don't want to go to the dealer to get, but parts stores don't stock. Like door hinge pins, grommets, headlight pigtails, washer fluid caps, grease caps, etc. The little odds n ends