Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pattern 2

• Pattern 3

• Pattern 4

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
after looking extensivly for a set of mud tires I can get cheap, and not finding anything usefull, and getting my ass handed to me for just spinning at the mud pit I hit every weekend and being severly limited to where I can go in the pit, I asked around, and a few places (most notably Discount Tire) suggested cutting (grooving) my A/T's for a more aggressive tread pattern. After checking with local/state laws, tread cutting is legal as long as you do not cut below the original tread depth, and since that is a dangerous and stupid thing to do anyways, that won't be a problem. There is a lot of tread left in these tires, and because of their design, they would be pretty easy to do, and since we cut tractor tires for pulling with an angle grinder :smoke2: I figgure why not. Here is the picture I promised, let me know what yall think. I must note this truck rarely seed the highway, if ever, due to over drive being out. Also, this is a temporary solution until I can pick up some real mudders

Tireideas1-1.jpg

Last edited:

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hhhmmm, not quite sure on how i feel about that idea. personally i think id rather have the safety of an unaltered tire over one that looks cool.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know trucks do this...but their tires are designed to be regrooved. I see this as being a HUGE safety factor. Two things on a vehicle of any type you don't wanna screw with, or go with cheap stuff...brakes and tires.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
hhhmmm, not quite sure on how i feel about that idea. personally i think id rather have the safety of an unaltered tire over one that looks cool.

Not just for looks, they serve a purpose.

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just save your money. your talking about cutting tires that arent meant to be cut, you cut them and alter the way they were designed to operate and your asking for trouble....

just because you want to be cool at the mudpit doesnt mean you should go around causing a saftey hazard for you and those around you.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This looks like a really bad idea the ride would be very unpredictable too. Go to the pawn shop or get a set of off brand tires at your favorite tire store.