Humming noise..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Ok, so since I'm hearing this noise inside the truck, I'm putting this thread in the interior section. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Anyway, got in the truck this morning. Left out of the driveway, put my a/c on max, and immediately noticed a slight humming noise coming from the passenger floorboard area. Not a loud noise, but definitely enough to get my attention. Also none of my fan speeds blow like they did the last time I used my a/c. Like all speeds blow about half of what they used to. Don't know ish about air conditioning, so help me out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Judging by your description of the sound coming from the passenger foot well area... I'd hazard to guess that your fan motor is on its way out. Bearing may be shot causing the fan to spin slower and would also account for the noise.

Here check this video out:

http://youtu.be/MopbtcQbUlA

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nah, motor likely isn't on its way out.

Pull the motor and the resistor. I'll be willing to bet you have junk in the hamster (blower) wheel that's sending it off balance. I've had the same problem in my dad's 02 Ram several times now. Pulled the motor out and low and be damn hold, there were a couple leaves in the wheel.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Looks like a cheap simple fix.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Do I have to change the wiring clip too?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nope.
I will warn you the back screw on the blower can be a complete ***** to get to if you have large hands and/or the wrong screw driver.

OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Well I had to order it. Got the old one out. You wasn't lying about that screw in the back lol. I'm going to catch hell putting it back in though. Should be in tomorrow morning. So I'll keep you updated.