52 mm throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
the one I got is probley not as great as the "fastman" throttle bodies which I looked into getting but it was hard for me to put out almost 300 bucks for a tb when I could get one that was 100 bucks bored and ground down and polished. so, to each his own I suppose.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
the one I got is probley not as great as the "fastman" throttle bodies which I looked into getting but it was hard for me to put out almost 300 bucks for a tb when I could get one that was 100 bucks bored and ground down and polished. so, to each his own I suppose.

You probably misunderstood me.
Theres's no shame in owning another modded tb. But paying for a fastman that is misrepresented is another story. It's like buying a Rolex then finding out it's a Chinese knockoff. It keeps time but...

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
ahh I see, I wasn't offended don't worry haha I'll post a pic of mine later for y'all to see. for my budget it works but I do think the Fastman is a greater product.

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Yeah I'd like to see some pics before I do this. Did you notice a big difference in performance?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
havnt had a chance to put it on yet. planning to do it tomorrow, but I'll post a pic when I get home of the tb.

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Oh ok and not sure if you've already said it, but do you have the 50 mm?

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah its a true 50 mm. not 50 at top and 47 down at the valves.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
heres some pics

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

for 100 bucks, I consider it a pretty good product.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
Did you notice a big difference in performance?

dont believe what i told ya huh? just telling you the truth. with no b.s. like everyone else likes to do.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
dont believe what i told ya huh? just telling you the truth. with no b.s. like everyone else likes to do.

He's a 17 year old kid...he doesn't believe anyone! :roflsquared: I remember when I was 17....well i kinda remember. I do remember not listening to to my elders and paying for it, making me an even angrier 17 year old. :birgits_tiredcoffee

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i have the hughes airgap also. its ok. it also moves the power band up in the rpms, with no big power gains. it cures the plenum gasket issues though.

with mods like those, you need to start with the cam.

Last edited:

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
He's a 17 year old kid...he doesn't believe anyone! :roflsquared: I remember when I was 17....well i kinda remember. I do remember not listening to to my elders and paying for it, making me an even angrier 17 year old. :birgits_tiredcoffee

i would love to be 17 again. i knew alot more then, compared to what i do now.lol

tuner, tuner, tuner. one more time, get a tuner.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
with my tuner, fi air gap, cai, exhaust im pretty happy with the top end, but looking for more in the bottom end. Wanna get headers soon. Hopefully bigger tb will help. Anyways, not gonna thread jack.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
If you want bottom end torque to launch a heavy truck, bigger is not always better. Engine AND drivetrain parts have to work together to make things happen, and usually larger immprovements on one end call for equally large improvements on the other.

Torque is the "twist" or rotational movement that gets things moving. Bigger cams and t/bs, fancy intakes all increase torque, but do it at a higher rpm range. So the drive train needs modding as well with lower gears and maybe high stall Torque Convertors. Thes mods get you engine into its peak torque range quicker with a resulting boost in acceleration.

I believe that most novice "modders" mistake horsepower for torque. While the two are interrelated, they are also completely different. Torque is what gets you moving, horsepower keeps you there.

If you want to get 6000 lbs of Dodge ram moving from a dead stop, especially one with bigger tires and bigger lift, you need bigger gears and other torque enhancers, not top end boosters like big tbs and cams.
The problem is that engine mods are cheaper, easier to install, and are cooler visually. There's nothing to show off about gears or a high stall converter. And these items aren't cheap, create heat, and bleed off horsepower, which top end is, providing you regularly travel well over the legal speed limit.