Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
OK so here's a list of what I did first. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, cat back dual exhaust. It was running great however the plenum gasket was bad so I did the following. Headers, aluminum plenum pan, 50mm throttle body, new coil, new fan clutch, new radiator and bypass hoses, new thermostat. Now I have a hesitation, if I floor it it's still there but clears up about 2500 RPM and will sometimes stay away after that for a little while. Of course the battery was disconnected while all the work was being done and I have maybe 15-20 miles clocked since being reconnected. No CEL or anything like that. Ideas?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Put the stock tb back on and see if it goes away. I can't remember did you mod the kegg? If you did thats whats contributing to your problem.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Possible it needs to relearn the parameters again.

OP
OP
Dodge96Ram

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Didn't mod the kegger, totally pointless. I'm going to disconnect the battery and reset the computer. I'll put some easy miles on it and see if it straightens itself out of not. If not, I'll try the stock TB again. I can't see that being the problem though. It's only slightly bigger than stock.