muffler replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
so I've about decided on a thrush welded muffler. it is chambered like flowmaster and the summit one suggested, but I can get it at advance auto for $30. I found some videos on youtube and I like the sound. nice and low with a tad bit of crackle.

should I get the dual out style and run turn downs until I can afford for a shop to run dual 4" tips (a few months), or should I get the single and try to run the stock tailpipe?
I want to get this muffler in soon b/c mine stock muffler is rattling at idle and just sounds chitty. :superhack:
but I dont want the turn downs to create the fumes getting in the cab with the windows down while stuck in traffic. that stock muffler is a long sob, so a new muffler and turn downs will put it right at the front of the bed.

any thoughts?

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i would try to run it out the back but i hate turn downs, any parts store should have some extra pipe and clamps to tie into your existing pipe.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have my exhaust cut off about a foot after the cab, no fumes. I plan on running mine out the side with a large tip.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm running a turndown with an aftermarket muffler in the stock location and I've never had a problem with fumes in the cab

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
oh forgot to mention I do not have a muffler either

OP
OP
rambob

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
thanks guys. exactly what I was looking for.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
My truck has a turn down also, only time I had fumes was when I had my cut out but that was right under the pass seat almost.