transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
had tranny rebuilt around 15,000 miles ago the problem that im having is that when u floor it and shift manually to second it goes against rev limiter to you let out of gas and get back into it.If you leave it in drive it shifts from first to second right into 3rd.Have superchips programmer and have gone through and tried multiple changes from towing to performance to tire size to just back to stock program.Asking for some help on this. New to forum and really like all the info on here just couldnt find same issue going on with someone else.As for daily driving the tranny shifts fine no check engine lights on so im guessing no problem codes.

2000 laramie 5.9 4x4
112,000 miles
superchips programmer
285/70/16 tires 3.55 gear
cold air intake

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome, could just need an adjustment but I will wait for the 2nd gen guys to confirm. What warranty if any came with the rebuild?

OP
OP
D

dirtracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was told it could be tv cable needs adjusted any info on how to adjust?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to rf...i wouldn't screw with it...take it back to the shop...just my opinion

OP
OP
D

dirtracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no warranty left and different owners of shop.Drives fine just when u get on gas doessnt seem to shift when it should.If throttle is burped at wot when it hits rev limiter it shifts fine but dont think i should have to do that.Only beat it ever so often but when i do just installed spectre cai i want it to work right.Glad i found this site learning alot!Anyone near me with some knowledge i could take for ride?

OP
OP
D

dirtracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
adjusted the tv cable and it took care of problem with early shifts,but still having problem with wot.Still will go against rev limiter burp throttle and shifts nice and firm.Is there anything else i should be checking?Last year had shift solenoid replaced cel gave me code for that.Also found out that if you have shift solenoid code and gas tank is under 1/8 tank with dinger on truck would not shift from first gear,filled tank and would shift fine.Weird!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990