Information on premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last edited:

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
This is a very informative thread and I'm glad I stumbled upon it as I'm starting to look at several different interior upgrades now. Was wondering if you could help me out RLK?

I used to have a 2013 RAM 1500 and at the time purchased a 13 7" EVIC to put in it and then traded it in '15 without doing the cluster upgrade due to not have a secondary vehicle while waiting for the cluster with correct mileage to come back. I want mileage, idle hours, and drive hrs to be as exact as possible.

Fast forward, I believe there is now a shop in the city I live which can do the programming same day. So here are my questions...

1) I have a 2015 2500 Tradesman with 5.0 Uconnect radio. Will the cluster work?

2) I have read on other threads the TPMS is an issue... However, I already got a TPMS issue from having larger tires which require less air. So, if the TPMS issue presents itself, do you think it would be possible to just reprogram the TPMS with current air pressure or is it the actual TPMS module which would need to be replaced?

I'll eventually be upgrading the 5.0 Uconnect to 8.4 using Infotainment's upgrade kit, so I'd there was to be a conflict with the cluster a d my current radio it would only be for a short time.

Appreciate the help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In an attempt to answer your Questions Sir .

#1 YES the 13 cluster will work in your 15 2500 BUT more than likely the TPMS will not work.

#2 if the TPMS does not work ( like I think it won't )
To my understanding the RF module in your truck mounted being the back seat ( I think ) can not communicate with the 13 cluster .

I haven't seen anyone fix this .

I believe the tpms sensors and the RF module would need to be changed .
Not sure this would work though.

Easier to just purchase a 15 cluster and sell the 13 to recoup some loss .

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
In an attempt to answer your Questions Sir .

#1 YES the 13 cluster will work in your 15 2500 BUT more than likely the TPMS will not work.

#2 if the TPMS does not work ( like I think it won't )
To my understanding the RF module in your truck mounted being the back seat ( I think ) can not communicate with the 13 cluster .

I haven't seen anyone fix this .

I believe the tpms sensors and the RF module would need to be changed .
Not sure this would work though.

Easier to just purchase a 15 cluster and sell the 13 to recoup some loss .

Appreciate the quick response!

I actually did a search prior to posting and couldn't find any 14-17 clusters for less than $550... Just did a search again and 1 was freshly posted on eBay for $300 after shipping. Just snagged it up!

Hopefully the place here in town can do the programming. I don't really wanna send it out as numbers won't be 100% accurate which I'd like them to be.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'll eventually be upgrading the 5.0 Uconnect to 8.4 using Infotainment's upgrade kit, so I'd there was to be a conflict with the cluster a d my current radio it would only be for a short time.

Appreciate the help!

If you can find a deal on an 8.4 radio, its likely cheaper to piece the upgrade parts than to buy them all at once from them. We have you covered on the harness when your ready.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If you can find a deal on an 8.4 radio, its likely cheaper to piece the upgrade parts than to buy them all at once from them. We have you covered on the harness when your ready.

Only reason I'm looking at doing theirs is because it comes preprogrammed so there won't be any activation/sales codes required. I only saw the recent thread here on the forum (I'm not as active as I should be) so haven't had a chance to look through it to see how all that stuff works if you buy the radio without the programming.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Only reason I'm looking at doing theirs is because it comes preprogrammed so there won't be any activation/sales codes required. I only saw the recent thread here on the forum (I'm not as active as I should be) so haven't had a chance to look through it to see how all that stuff works if you buy the radio without the programming.

It's either free at the dealer (with original vin) to get the unlock code, or you can get it for $10-$20 online within a few minutes.

Key is to make sure you get a Ram compatible RA4 vp4-NA radio (or Ra3 Vp3-NA). I have a dedicated thread with ram RA4 vp4-NA part numbers. Linked in post 3 of the conversion thread.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

As stated there is no activation or sales codes needed. All you you need to do is get the 4 digit unlock code which is usually available at the dealer as long as you have the Vin# of the truck it came out of or you can purchase the code on line with the serial# and part# for around 20.00. You can buy the radios several places like car-part.com and eBay. I recommend reading the posts and catching up on the information before you purchase your radio. You can possibly save a lot of money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am about to upgrade my 2015 to the 7" EVIC cluster.. Are we 100% certain that a 2013 or 2014 cluster has TPMS issues? Is that all? I would buy a brand new one from all mopar parts but I can't seem to find the section with the clusters... Anyone have a link?
To my knowledge you can purchase a new cluster from Benny @ allmoparparts.com

You'll need to have a vin # from a Ram truck that came from the factory with a 7" premium cluster.
Maybe you can just have a p/n not sure .
In my OP I gave the p/n to a 2016 cluster that will work in your truck.

But I'm pretty sure Benny will want a vin# of a vehicle that had a 7" premium cluster from the factory.
You could hit some dealerships used lots and jot down a vin on a Ram that has a premium cluster .

Hope this helps !

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump

darkkyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L
Just completed my Rebel lensed upgrade, along with the 8.4 radio using M2Mods harness. It all went pretty well. Except now I want to try and match the red of the Rebel lens around the rest of my cab. 1/2 thinking painting (airbrushing) might be the way to go, but does anyone know the part numbers for the other Rebel pieces?

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some folks have done this via painting trim , some have done this with tape , others with a professional look using .... sorry I just can not remember what it's called ....

Search automotive trim covers on Google or here ...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Infotainment is now selling the clusters, programing included. As usual, they are overpriced, but only for the Gas version (About $200-300 over eBay). For the Diesel version they are on par with eBay, the odd part being that they are selling both for the same price, $800. The benefit for the higher price being, I guess, a warranty of some sort.

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...nstrument-panel-cluster?variant=8331411161124

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Infotainment is now selling the clusters, programing included. As usual, they are overpriced, but only for the Gas version (About $200-300 over eBay). For the Diesel version they are on par with eBay, the odd part being that they are selling both for the same price, $800. The benefit for the higher price being, I guess, a warranty of some sort.

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...nstrument-panel-cluster?variant=8331411161124

And... they figured it out. The Diesel cluster is now more expensive than the gas one on their site.

-K

GatheredEarth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Upgrading my 2015 express to a premium cluster was some of the best money i've spent on any mod. Replacing the steering wheel to use audio controls and upgrading to a nicer factory radio is the next thing on my to do list.

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Upgrading my 2015 express to a premium cluster was some of the best money i've spent on any mod. Replacing the steering wheel to use audio controls and upgrading to a nicer factory radio is the next thing on my to do list.
Where did you buy it?

GatheredEarth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn’t have it flashed. The one I bought had a few more miles than my truck and I just waited until it was the same before I swapped it. The hours prob aren’t the same though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat