06 1500 4x4 Hemi upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluewingjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I have a 06 1500 Quad 4x4 Hemi. I am getting ready to do a few things to it and was looking for a little feedback. Here is a list of what I am doing

Replacing all control arms, uppers will be moog lowers will be dorman as I only want control arms with greasable ball joints

New Cardone premium half shafts
New Stub shafts
New KYB front struts with new coil springs
Gibson cat back dual exhaust
Rough country 6" suspension
While doing the suspension I am getting all bolts on my exhaust manifold replaced along with new gaskets, yes I have a couple of broken bolts on the manifolds and you can hear a slight leak.
New Detriot Automatic Locker rear end.
New Jenson dual DIM touch screen radio with Nav and backup camera

Yes this is a lot but its will still be cheaper than buying a new truck. What I am looking for is any input on the changes/mods I am doing both pro and con.. I want to make sure I know all I can before doing all this. I will say I scratched the idea of header due to cost and not a lot gained since I am not doing a cold air intake or chip.

Thanks

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd recommend switching the struts to bilsteins. They ride great and have a Lifetime warranty plus if you get the 5100 series you can adjust them to make the front end level cause the lift doesn't do that.

OP
OP
B

bluewingjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually the kit does!! They have 6" spacers for the front struts and 4" blocks for the rear so it will end up being level. I will check on the bilstens though but I think they will be a quite a bit more than the KYBs Thanks for the info and tips

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea I have the same lift and my front end sat down almost a inch after the lift so I have them set on the .7" setting. Looks much better. They're only about $100 each and they're worth the few extra bucks.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard that KYBs are hit or miss. They will either be okay, or horrible. If you search around, you can find bilstiens for under $100 each. And they're worth it.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
And once ya get the lift I'd put some coats of paint on the new knuckles before ya install it. Mine wasn't painted at least.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat