Advice Requested On Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahawksfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good day!

Thanks in advance for helping me make some choices on my project. I have a 2021 RAM 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 gearing. I already have the trailer brake controller. I am going to be towing a 21' trailer off-road and want some better off-road capabilities. Things I am looking for are:

• Rear air locking differential
  • Front air locking differential
  • Air compressor
  • ~2" lift kit ideally with air suspension
  • Some way to activate differentials and air suspension (e.g. SPOD) although I would prefer something integrated into the RAM if possible
  • Front bumper supporting a winch
  • Large winch (e.g. Warn Zeon 12-S) - Yes, will likely have to use a snatch block.
  • Probably new tires/rims at some point in the future

I would greatly appreciate any advice on product selection or things I might have missed that you might recommend.
Note one option I considered was just getting a 2500 Power Wagon but there are things the Power Wagon does not have/get that I want. For example, the 2023/24 Power Wagon does not offer air suspension, nor Heads Up Display (I believe they call it Technology Group in the 1500 series), nor the double pane sun roof.

Last edited:

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put one of these on my 2021-22 Express 1500 DS, if that is what you have. Fitted a 12500lb winch at the same time. Not sure if you can get them in the USA but I'm sure you could.

It has built in rated recovery points and the lightbar works well.

I also spent a fair amount of work on the wiring. Only hassle at the moment is the LED park lights are throwing a code but I'm working on that. The 4 x outer lamps are attached to the fog light circuit.

Ram at Launceston Gorge lowres.jpg
Front with bar.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Some way to activate differentials and air suspension (e.g. SPOD) although I would prefer something integrated into the RAM if possible
There is up-fitter switches available for the DT 1500, if I'm not mistaken they can be selectable to work in conjunction the ignition being on.

OP
OP
A

ahawksfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I did see that. I think it goes right where my trailer steering tow package panel is.

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the advice with the pictures. I will take a look.

I just realised by where your post is that you have a DT, I put up the wrong link. Here is the right one:

There was also a mob in Canada called VICE design doing a hidden winch setup for steel bar DS and DT. It looks the goods if you don't want an aftermarket bar. Good Youtube videos too showing you what has to be done.