1.5" body lift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to install a 1.5" body lift in my 2014 ram 1500 after I get the 6" suspension done. Any tips before doing the body lift install and is it pretty straight forward? Any issues? Does the steering get the extra piece like a 3" body lift?

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which one did you go with? I just ordered the Zone 1.5" myself so I'll paying close attention to this thread.

OP
OP
IGarbutt

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven't picked yet think I'm going to go with the rough country one.
My 6" lift goes in in 2 weeks so ill pick one up after then

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at their site but they only had one listed for 09-12 and it was 1.25". I assume that one will work on the 13-15 as well but I figured if they were too lazy to update their site info in 3 yrs then I wasn't going to bother asking, plus it was worth an extra $10 for another .25". Here are the install instructions for the Zone, I'm sure it's similar to the RCX install. It looks pretty straight forward to me, and unless I missed it... I didn't see anything about steering extension.

http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/D9150.pdf

I see you have a 2 piece bumper as well. I saw one guy who said he was able to raise the bumper without removing the upper piece and the headlights. I'd like to hear from others if that's really possible, that would save some time.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I'm hoping to install mine in the next 2-3 weeks so I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully someone who has one will have replied by then.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I got mine installed over the weekend. It took me around 8 hours, most of that time was spent on the bumpers though. I did it by myself so getting that heavy front bumper mounted was a little tricky. I've got it down to a science now though. The instructions were pretty good except for the part about removing the front bumper, as I said before I had heard that it was unnecessary to remove the grille, headlights, etc. i ended up doing it anyway only to find out that it was a waste of time. It would have been nice if someone on here would have chimed in about that ahead of time. Perhaps I need to spend more time on the "other" forum as well. The instructions were lacking on a few other minor details but nothing I wasn't able to figure out myself. All in all it was a pretty easy install though, just time consuming like they say.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I got mine installed over the weekend. It took me around 8 hours, most of that time was spent on the bumpers though. I did it by myself so getting that heavy front bumper mounted was a little tricky. I've got it down to a science now though. The instructions were pretty good except for the part about removing the front bumper, as I said before I had heard that it was unnecessary to remove the grille, headlights, etc. i ended up doing it anyway only to find out that it was a waste of time. It would have been nice if someone on here would have chimed in about that ahead of time. Perhaps I need to spend more time on the "other" forum as well. The instructions were lacking on a few other minor details but nothing I wasn't able to figure out myself. All in all it was a pretty easy install though, just time consuming like they say.

Do you have the regular steel bumper or the sport bumper cover? If the steel, how does that plastic upper bumper cover disconnect from the steel bumper?

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 2 piece bumper. The upper painted plastic cover isn't even attached to the lower bumper. Just remove the 6 nuts (3 on each side) attaching it to the frame and it pulls right out.

OP
OP
IGarbutt

IGarbutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

PM me few questions about your install

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 2 piece bumper. The upper painted plastic cover isn't even attached to the lower bumper. Just remove the 6 nuts (3 on each side) attaching it to the frame and it pulls right out.

Awesome. Thanks! Makes things easier knowing things like this!

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some before and after pics...

Before:
D18F188F-0C56-4CE9-B623-B098D709E486_zpspdcp2wny.jpg

3DECC321-548F-4753-A613-42DAA05AF3DC_zpsypl6gvvw.jpg

After:
19B02599-2314-4D74-8B6E-6582748E3FE7_zpss1xg6q4w.jpg

E98AA4E7-F0BC-4873-8F3B-B4016D0F4E9B_zpsj00obdb3.jpg

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome. Thanks! Makes things easier knowing things like this!

I just noticed you have an '11, you may want to verify that with someone else who has an earlier model 4th gen. The Zone instructions seemed to make it sound like the upper and lower were attached and they used an earlier model truck in their pics. I couldn't find some of the bolts they said I was suppose to remove. I'm wondering if maybe it's just the 13-up models that have the 2 pieces separated?