105 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well being new to the Ram I found out lastnight on the way home from work that it cuts out at about 105 mph. What's needed to get rid of that?

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well being new to the Ram I found out lastnight on the way home from work that it cuts out at about 105 mph. What's needed to get rid of that?

Do you live near the autoban?? In North America that is over the limit sir. You are speeding sir!!!! You are speeding!!! That is breaking the law a lot sir!!! Alot!!!
Mine did the same, 168kph - 105.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

Any programmer will be able to reset the speed limiter. A Diablosport will also be able to get you a custom tune.

Do you live near the autoban?? In North America that is over the limit sir. You are speeding sir!!!! You are speeding!!! That is breaking the law a lot sir!!! Alot!!!
Mine did the same, 168kph - 105.

Once you go 50km/h over it's all the same to the Judge. In Alberta doing 160k/h gets you the same suspension as doing 273km/h, so may as well do 273km/h so you have a hell of a story to tell the people on the bus, lol.

PrdCdn

TEAM RAMROD
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L ECO Diesel

i'm sorry, WHY do you NEED to go that FAST? Were you testing it or on a race track?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
And upgraded drive shaft and tires rated for faster than that...

Not required, assuming your pinion angles are correct both the 1- and 2-piece drive shafts can safely be spun up to 220km/h/135mph with no vibrations, beyond that you start generating harmonic vibrations. I've had mine up to 273km/h with the factory steel 1-piece and it was still sound under there with no vibration.

i'm sorry, WHY do you NEED to go that FAST? Were you testing it or on a race track?

Who said anything about NEED, this is purely a WANT situation. People don't NEED a street bike or a Veyron but it always comes down to the best answer possible: because I can. I get to say that I have the fastest quad cab 4wd; good enough for me.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch your driveshaft! Heard stories of it flying at 130.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
sure i will get slammed for this but....why??? too many things can go wrong on the streets. i raced cars for years...on a race track. do i speed occasionally? sure. but within reason. meaning maybe 5-10 mph over. a few weeks ago i was on a highway and watched a new corvette pull out onto the highway and take off. he had to have been doing well over 90. he was about 1/4 mile ahead of me and i saw smoke and parts flying and a bunch of brake lights. when i got up there i saw that he had hit a deer. almost caused the 2 cars behind him to wreck also. could have very easily resulted in serious injury to an innocent person. the driver got out complaining about how much damage was done to his $70,000 car. he never asked if the other people were ok.

dunno but being involved in racing and law enforcement as long as i was i just don't see the risk vs reward. take it to the track and do it right. i love hearing those stories

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe he is taking it to the track? Hasn't answered that question.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I have access to a 10km straight stretch of paved road that's owned by my friend's neighbour; there's two houses on the road both of which are owned by guys who have 10+ car garages and one has and income over 20 million per year. The guy that owns the road owns 3 cars that are capable of over 200mph and since he owns the road he gets to do it whenever he feels like it and since my friend lives at the end of the road he just calls the other guy up and asks if he can go for a drive, most times he gets told yes but every so often he gets a 'wait 30 minutes for my wife to get home'. I'm allowed on the road with my friend in the vehicle only because the guy that owns the road knows I respect the vehicles and will spend the time to build it right, plus he likes to just hang out and drink jack Daniel's from time to time with 'normal' people as he described it once.

I can think of two instances when I've wound any of my vehicles up on the street, one was to teach a lesson to a punk in a stock M3 who was continuously threatening me by driving like an ass and brake checking me after pulling ahead every time, he got educated by a quad cab 4x4 that could pull away at the M3's top speed. The second I was young and had a 400hp J-body and wondered what it would be like at top speed, I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have access to a 10km straight stretch of paved road that's owned by my friend's neighbour; there's two houses on the road both of which are owned by guys who have 10+ car garages and one has and income over 20 million per year. The guy that owns the road owns 3 cars that are capable of over 200mph and since he owns the road he gets to do it whenever he feels like it and since my friend lives at the end of the road he just calls the other guy up and asks if he can go for a drive, most times he gets told yes but every so often he gets a 'wait 30 minutes for my wife to get home'. I'm allowed on the road with my friend in the vehicle only because the guy that owns the road knows I respect the vehicles and will spend the time to build it right, plus he likes to just hang out and drink jack Daniel's from time to time with 'normal' people as he described it once.

I can think of two instances when I've wound any of my vehicles up on the street, one was to teach a lesson to a punk in a stock M3 who was continuously threatening me by driving like an ass and brake checking me after pulling ahead every time, he got educated by a quad cab 4x4 that could pull away at the M3's top speed. The second I was young and had a 400hp J-body and wondered what it would be like at top speed, I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Good read :waytogo:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's more of the 8spd drive shaft issues. I keep thinking about upgrading to the 3.92s but I actually like the 3.21s. Great fuel mileage and the driveshaft won't be as much of an issue unless I had 3.92s.

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The major reason was because I can. Not that I need to explain but, I got out of work at 11pm, got on the highway to head out for the night and was being tailgated by a couple of kids in a what I believe to be a Honda or Acura so I decided to stretch out her legs and see if the car could or would keep up. Needless to say, I pulled away from them nicely until it shut down at 105. Do I do it all the time you may ask? No I dont but every vehicle I have ever owned including my harley I will stretch their legs from time to time.

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I got my 4.7 to 110 before I backed off.
With a passenger though it shut me down at 105.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once you go 50km/h over it's all the same to the Judge. In Alberta doing 160k/h gets you the same suspension as doing 273km/h, so may as well do 273km/h so you have a hell of a story to tell the people on the bus, lol.

Sometimes your lucky and get a cool cop... my first ticket ever when I was a teen, with my 1967 mustang coupe (not stock) I got pulled over for racing one night and doing 120+ in a 35... I got a ticket for doing 60 in a 35 and nothing about a speed contest... I guess I've always had decent luck with cops, not so much with the judge though :roflsquared:

I need to get a tuner, I have tires that are good to 128 or 138 I cant remember, and so much left in it.. maybe that will be my xmas present lol

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Not required, assuming your pinion angles are correct both the 1- and 2-piece drive shafts can safely be spun up to 220km/h/135mph with no vibrations, beyond that you start generating harmonic vibrations. I've had mine up to 273km/h with the factory steel 1-piece and it was still sound under there with no vibration.

Jesus a Ram doing 273 km/h?! That's faster than my 2015 CBR600RR! (255km/h) What's your 0-60 and 1/4 mile like?