2/4 spring only lowering kits question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
between the McGaughys, belltech, ground force spring lowering kits, who makes the best quality coil springs or is this information even available?

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there is some great information on here if you search. I've heard mixed reviews on all, but have heard many happy with beltech and their kits come with panhard relocator.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I love my Belltech, just order springs and rear shocks, retain front factory shocks.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing I don't like about my beltech 2/4 is the front camber alignment.. I need to put in a special upper ball joint to get it to align right. and I have inner fender/tire contact but I think thats cause of a modification done by the previous owner... Been to busy to really tear into it and see what has been done to the front suspension kit.

Rides great though

Dude_57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just installed my 2/4 bell tech kit and love it so far. Everything went together with ease with the help of a buddy of mine and Matt from Moes performance. Still drives straight so far as well and will get an alignment after a couple days or so.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Only thing I don't like about my beltech 2/4 is the front camber alignment.. I need to put in a special upper ball joint to get it to align right. and I have inner fender/tire contact but I think thats cause of a modification done by the previous owner... Been to busy to really tear into it and see what has been done to the front suspension kit.

Rides great though

I've been asking about how alignments comes out after a 2/4 lowering and this is the first time I've read about anyone actually getting there truck realigned.
When I lower anything it's at the shop the next day. That doesn't seem to hold true with other people. I don't get it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been asking about how alignments comes out after a 2/4 lowering and this is the first time I've read about anyone actually getting there truck realigned.
When I lower anything it's at the shop the next day. That doesn't seem to hold true with other people. I don't get it.

I bought mine lowered, so I'm not sure all the parts and how it was done, but the dealer did an alignment, I didn't like the camber adjustment so I took it to my guy to fix, takes a part but I cant remember the #, Ive posted it somewhere on the forum to fix the camber issues. but they are about $150 a piece.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Must not have read any of my threads in this section:naughty: I had mine in for alignment the next day. I bought the lifetime alignment plan from Firestone. I've been back three times since the initial alignment. Twice after a few months to verify after settling and the last time to check it and set thrust angle with the adjustable Spohn panhard bar. Not to worried about the camber as the tires are wearing great and the truck tracks perfectly down the road at any speed.

VANCITYMOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram RT Sport Reg Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
im considering just getting the 964 belltech springs and using factory shocks ... trying to save money .. i just bought my 2015 RT and i need it lowered .. i will probably get rear shocks at a later date .. but I'm just wondering how the ride is with just springs ???