2005 5.7 vin d overheat with possible damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwoske

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i recentlty replaced the engine in my ram 1500,a poorly installed lower radiator hose blew off.the engine was running fine after initial start up and leak check.i was driving and didnt notice the overheat condition. the engine subsequently stalled at low rpm and wouldnt restart.the next morning,while i was still unaware of O/H condition, i attempted to start engine started but extremely rough and sounded like a rod bearing failure.i removed sump and checked all rod bearings with no defects found .i then found lower rad hose disconnected. Ive now pulled intaketo check intake valves and seats, i will also pull valve covers do valve train insp as the engine is stiff to turn thru and also feels like there may be an obstruction. any and all ideas and experience would be greatly appreciated

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
i recentlty replaced the engine in my ram 1500,a poorly installed lower radiator hose blew off.the engine was running fine after initial start up and leak check.i was driving and didnt notice the overheat condition. the engine subsequently stalled at low rpm and wouldnt restart.the next morning,while i was still unaware of O/H condition, i attempted to start engine started but extremely rough and sounded like a rod bearing failure.i removed sump and checked all rod bearings with no defects found .i then found lower rad hose disconnected. Ive now pulled intaketo check intake valves and seats, i will also pull valve covers do valve train insp as the engine is stiff to turn thru and also feels like there may be an obstruction. any and all ideas and experience would be greatly appreciated
Pull 1 plug in each cylinder then try to turn it over ,if it's still stiff ,and the bearings are good as you say,it might have scoured the cylinder walls,and the pistons are fubarr'd.