2006 1500, 4.7 RPM issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonmur617

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 4.7
hello everyone,

I have 2006 Ram 1500, 4.7 Quad with 4WD. Just recently I have been experiencing some issues with her. The RPM's have been very inconsistant. Sometimes they are as they should normally be but other times they are extremely low, (around 200) and it has even stalled a couple of times. Even more recently, the truck has began to buck more often when coasting. It feels as though the transmission is unsure when to downshift. Although shifting up is completely fine.

Going back to the RPM issue. When it is running really low, and I am moving, if I give it gas, sometimes it jumps right up to where it should be and sometime it takes a second to react.

I don't really have anymore symptoms at this point but if somebody has any ideas, I would love to hear.

Thanks

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dont quote me on this and im sure someone with a little more knowledge will chime in soon. But IMO it could either be your:
ignition system: spark plugs or coil packs
exhaust: o2 sensors
or your Computer.
Thats just my opinion. I had pretty much the same problem with my jeep

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Have you checked for any codes? I would add the crankshaft position sensor to the list but without any codes to guide you replacing random parts can get expensive.:welcome: