2007 2WD Level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
I have been looking for a straight answer on a level for my truck. I have a 2007 2WD 1500 QC. I have found all kinds of coil spacers but cant get a clear answer for what works and what is the best set up for my year. most say 4WD, is there a difference? I found a kit on ebay that comes with extended shocks but it states that it will not work for 07-08? what is the difference in these years from other 3rd gens?

Can some one tell me why this wont work?
Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 2WD 2" Leveling Kit w/ Shocks | eBay

This is what has me confused:
*Note: The 2” spacer will not work on the 2007-2008 Ram 1500, 1.5” spacers or new springs are a better option for these trucks.

I pretty sure the Daystar 1.5's will not be enough and I wont be happy with it. I think at minimum I need 2" or am I wrong? If any body has pics of their truck that is similar to mine and has a level on it I would love to see it and tell me EXACTLY what you have please :) Thanks!

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
best way to determine which kit you need to be level is park your truck on a level surface...get a measuring tape and measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender lip on the front and back. From what I can tell, you should be able to use the the 2wd coil spacers made for a 2006, and you will want to go 2.5".

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS

Thanks!

Why dont they make a spacer that is for the 3rd gen rams. That 2.5 Daystar says 1500 94-01. I am sure they will work but I was just wondering if anybody makes any that are specific model/year. Looks like longer shocks are a must tho regardless of what height I go with right?

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Thanks!

Why dont they make a spacer that is for the 3rd gen rams. That 2.5 Daystar says 1500 94-01. I am sure they will work but I was just wondering if anybody makes any that are specific model/year. Looks like longer shocks are a must tho regardless of what height I go with right?

It is for the 3rd gens too....just gotta decipher the product description a little...

KC09100BK
Comfort Ride
DODGE RAM 1500 2WD 94-01 2.5" LEVELING KIT, RAM 2500 / 3500 2WD 94-11 2.5" LEVELING KIT, LONGER FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS REQUIRED (AVAILABLE SEPARATELY)

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
As for the shocks, I would go ahead and do them while you're there...even if it didnt suggest them...but I believe anything over 1.5 inches, Daystar suggests longer shocks, they have Scorpion shocks that they bundle their level kits with.

OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
It is for the 3rd gens too....just gotta decipher the product description a little...

KC09100BK
Comfort Ride
DODGE RAM 1500 2WD 94-01 2.5" LEVELING KIT, RAM 2500 / 3500 2WD 94-11 2.5" LEVELING KIT, LONGER FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS REQUIRED (AVAILABLE SEPARATELY)

I know i am being difficult lol but i read that as: 2500/3500 94-11 not the 1500 but i guess I am just splitting hairs here lol Just want to make sure I get the right stuff, I hate doing things twice. Thanks for the help.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
i might be reading it wrong...but it was what you need none the less...anytime on the help.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Usually everyones advice on here is pretty spot on. In this case, you are getting pretty bad information. I have the Daystar 2.5in leveling spacers and I did a TON of modifications to make it driveable, and it still doesnt ride great. An 06-08 has a thick upper control arm and it makes contact with the spring bucket on every downward travel. Plus, it takes at least 2.25in and usually more like 2.5in to level it out, so there is no way to make it level with the spacer method. There is a kit that supposedly lifts 2.25in and retains stock ride but its $399
ReadyLift 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD 2.25" Leveling Kit

Your best bet is a set of spindles. You do not have to buy new shocks and they are easier to install. On top of this, it rides NO DIFFERENT THAN STOCK. Here are the spindles I have 02 03 04 05 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 3in Lift Spindles | eBay

Heres with the 2.5in spacer level. Barely level and not worth the trouble/ride.
1263425377.jpg

Heres mine now w/spindles and body lift
9e5cd981.jpg

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Something told me to ask you about this...I searched DF for answers for him and seen where Hammer said the 06 spacer would work...my bad for the mis info to the OP

OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
Usually everyones advice on here is pretty spot on. In this case, you are getting pretty bad information. I have the Daystar 2.5in leveling spacers and I did a TON of modifications to make it driveable, and it still doesnt ride great. An 06-08 has a thick upper control arm and it makes contact with the spring bucket on every downward travel. Plus, it takes at least 2.25in and usually more like 2.5in to level it out, so there is no way to make it level with the spacer method. There is a kit that supposedly lifts 2.25in and retains stock ride but its $399
ReadyLift 2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD 2.25" Leveling Kit

Your best bet is a set of spindles. You do not have to buy new shocks and they are easier to install. On top of this, it rides NO DIFFERENT THAN STOCK. Here are the spindles I have 02 03 04 05 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 3in Lift Spindles | eBay

Heres with the 2.5in spacer level. Barely level and not worth the trouble/ride.
1263425377.jpg

Heres mine now w/spindles and body lift
9e5cd981.jpg

Thanks. In that first pic it looks pretty level to me but I hear what your saying about ride quality. I definitely don't want to lose my ride. I will look into spindles. 3 inches seems like too much tho, did you have to bring the back up a little to get it level? Also if you read the description on those you posted they kinda say it won't work on my truck. One line says yes then another says no lol.

Something told me to ask you about this...I searched DF for answers for him and seen where Hammer said the 06 spacer would work...my bad for the mis info to the OP

No worries man. This was the problem I was having, all kinds of different info on the 06-08 models. I guess I really need to research this some more before I make a decision.

When I had my 07 my daystar kit worked great.

What Daystar kit did you have exactly? Was your 07 a 2wd?

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have those spindles, and worked with the guy who makes them. They machined them a little differently and they fit directly now.

I put them on after everything else. Worst comes to worst you get a set of 0.5" blocks and ubolts and install them or upgrade to Monroe coilover rear shocks

OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
After measuring the wheel wells half a dozen times lol it looks like the the front is exactly 1.5" lower than the back. I like the spindle lift idea but I honestly think that will be too much and then I will have to compensate in the back and I don't have that much money in the truck budget currently. Daystar makes a spacer kit that is 1.5 inches and specifically made for my truck year/model. I can pick up a set for 40 bucks online so I think I will go that route first and see if that makes me happy. at least with only 1.5 I probably wont need new shocks. If it truly is 1.5 it should make me "level". I will let you know...

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive never seen 1.5" level a 2wd ram. You can try, but the install plus alignment will really kill you if you gotta do it twice

I guess you could stack the stock isolator and the 1.5" spacer. That would probably get you close to level

BTW, to level the back you could just get a set of $50 shackles, so with spindles you could get an inch of overall lift for $320

OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
Have you looked into leveling shocks? Billstein makes adjustable height shocks.

Most of the leveling shocks I have seen are a coil over type shock. I looked at the 5100's dont think those will work on a 2wd. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
D

DrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI MDS
Ive never seen 1.5" level a 2wd ram. You can try, but the install plus alignment will really kill you if you gotta do it twice

I guess you could stack the stock isolator and the 1.5" spacer. That would probably get you close to level

BTW, to level the back you could just get a set of $50 shackles, so with spindles you could get an inch of overall lift for $320

Right now the truck is so new to me I have so many ideas for it. The 1.5 option I think will get me close (it cant hurt) and leave me some cash to do some other mods. If i have to go back and upgrade a while form now it wont be the end of the world. I appreciate you looking out tho.

No I am lol...the fact you're 2wd. My bad.

lol i thought that might have been the case. Thanks anyway