2007 Ram - Whining Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcaryl8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, I just replaced the alternator on my 07 Ram, 5.7. After replacing the alternator, my truck in now making a whining noise, it almost sounds like a turbo. The noise is coming from the alternator area and is mostly heard at idol or very low speeds. The noise was not there before I replaced the alternator. Just to excluded it from a possibility of problems, I also replaced the tensioner pulley. All other pulleys are fairly new as well. Is it a possibility I have gotten a bad alternator from the shelf? Any input/opinion as to what this noise might be is greatly appreciated.

-Rob

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Question is it a remanufactured one or a new one if it is a remanufactured it is most likely the alternator bearings are bad and if it is new they have known to be bad straight off the shelf i have seen it happen.Take to where you bought and make them swap it out.