2010 5.7L swap to a 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smith426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2010 RAM 1500 5.7L engine is knocking and more than likely needs to be rebuild. I have thought about rebuilding it, but want to look at other options too.

I was looking at drop in replacement engines and have noticed that there are an abundance of 2013 and 2014 engines available with low miles. My truck currently has just under 100k. Also thinking about a 6.4 if that is possible.

Is it possible to swap a new engine into an older frame (still 4th gen though)??

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

907Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I assume you are talking about swapping to the 6.4 that are put in the 2500's?

I recently put in a new 5.7 long block, I looked into swapping to the 6.4 that are in the 2500's and talking with the dealer, they said it I would have to swap out PCM's and harnesses and a crack ton of other electronics as well. I'm sure it's doable if you have the money to drop into what it takes for the swap.

OP
OP
smith426

smith426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i think the 6.4 is a stretch for sure. I'm also curious as to what performance mods I can do while rebuilding the current engine (which is most likely what will happen). Maybe bore and stroke it, or cams, or I may just take it to a performance shop and have them rebuild it. I know there are some good shops around me. It's actually really good timing as I'm about to drop some cash on full blown long travel and was planning on tuning the engine so maybe a couple extra grand and go all out on the engine now. I'll probably be doing some kind of build thread so y'all can see start to finish.

907Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are many things that can be done to it while apart. Just depends on how much $$ your willing to drop. HP costs. I put a cam in mine and am going through the tuning process now. It's time consuming especially being in Alaska. I am working with High Horse Performance for my engine and tuning. I have had great luck dealing with them so far. They bring a lot of options to the table as well as other shops. Just know that tuning with a cam in these trucks isn't the easiest.