2011 1500 Ignition Issues (Remote Start works/Using Key just turns over)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalle5315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
My 2011 Ram 1500 has what I believe is an aftermarket remote start that runs off the original Key Fob. The remote start works perfect, but if I try to use either keyfob to start physically (generally 1st start of the day) the engine just turns over and over and wont start. I really haven't seen/found another example of this issue so I'm trying to see if this could be the WIN Module or something else going on?

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you use remote start first time if the day does it work? And does the key work on subsequent starts?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Do you insert the FOB into the ignition to Start & Drive it, when not using Remote Start ??

or do you have Push Button Start ??
Where the Fob stays in your pocket or purse

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kalle5315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
So this issue is intermittent. After some tshooting I discovered that the fuel pump wasnt starting up so i replaced the pump and it fired up fine. The next morning however, it was back to crank/no start. I pulled the aftermarket remote start off so the WIN was directly wired and it fired right up. Now on morning #3 Im back to crank/no start 4 or 5 times then fires like brand new. No codes, keyfob (insert) start. I have an appt at the dealer in the am for them to tell me whats wrong and Ill fix myself if i can. If its the TIPM, ill for sure replace myself since they are easy, but expensive. I was looking at the CAM Sensor as well, but have not made it to pick one up.

OP
OP
K

kalle5315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
Update - Ordered a TIPM bypass as it looks like the Fuel Pump relay is a known issue on Rams. Part should be here thurs, will update after hooked up

OP
OP
K

kalle5315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
update** installed relay and fuel pump kicked on and truck started. Morning #1 after install - Fuel pump kicked in and truck started w/o issue. may have been the issue all along. I will update after a week or so with results

OP
OP
K

kalle5315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
****SOLVED****

No issues since installing the bypass. Ive read that this is "temporarily. permanent" so I'll start to look for a TIPM replacement in the near future.

Attachments

• bypass.png
    bypass.png
    402.5 KB · Views: 4