2013 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm still going with Matt

I've got a buddy that ordered his ARH LT's from moes a few months ago,
We often get ***** at the border by UPS with additional brokerage fees into Canada
(that would negate the $200 savings easily)

...Matt took care of that for him
and that kind of customer service is worth supporting a board sponsor to me.

Good luck with your purchase Brother,
It still sounds too good to be true, to me so I'll stick with what I know.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still going with Matt

I've got a buddy that ordered his ARH LT's from moes a few months ago,
We often get ***** at the border by UPS with additional brokerage fees into Canada
(that would negate the $200 savings easily)

...Matt took care of that for him
and that kind of customer service is worth supporting a board sponsor to me.

Good luck with your purchase Brother,
It still sounds too good to be true, to me so I'll stick with what I know.

That's sound advice. Matt is a good guy who looks out for us. Making sure we get what we need. The 100.00 difference is payed in full by his individualized attention to his customers. You can't put a price on that attention.

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is off topic hope I don't offend the OP but I gotta say I'm new here but can already tell that those kind statements regarding Matt and Moe's are true. Didn't deal with him directly but I ordered a BT catch can last week and he emailed me all the info and tracking # right away and I see him posting constantly giving helpful advice and what not. Love seeing that sort of support and look forward to ordering more goodies once they're available for my 2014! :happy160:

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
so then, question for moes:

what is available for the 2013 ram hemi, in california? The JBA shorty the only option? I'm also interested not only the headers, but a full exhaust, the 87mm ported throttle body, cold air intake & custom hemifever programmer for these mods if there is one.

of course i'd by everything from you. What do you recommend? and sort of gains would i see with all these?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
so then, question for moes:

what is available for the 2013 ram hemi, in california? The JBA shorty the only option? I'm also interested not only the headers, but a full exhaust, a ported throttle body, cold air intake & custom tune/chip/programmer for these mods if there is one.

of course i'd by everything from you. What do you recommend?

Intake - S&B (Vararam will make a few extra hp, but it is not CARB Certified)
Headers - JBA Shorties
Catback - Magnaflow w/ 5" Tips
Throttle Body - Moe's 87mm

All of the above parts will pass smog. The intake and headers will come with a CARB certification sticker. The Magnaflow kit does not come with a sticker, but they claim that the kit is legal in all states. It is not overpowering, so I don't think this would be an issue for you over there. The throttle body is a Mopar core that is only ported on the inside, so they would never know that it was not a stock unit.

As for tuning, both the Bullydog and Diablo units are technically illegal for sale in CA. You would likely have to remove the tuner before doing any emissions testing. The only tuner out as of now for the 2013's is the Bullydog Hemi Plus. While the Bullydog is a nice tuner, you will get more power out of a custom Hemifever tune using Diablo. I would hold off for Diablo to release their 2013 support.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Will getting headers void the warranty or do I want to worry about that?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That 1 is up to the dealership. With the JBA's being CARB certified, it would be difficult for a dealership to say they will void your warranty. Every dealership is different though. Some don't care about mods and others will throw a fit if you add a drop in replacement air filter. I have friends and customers that have had motors and transmissions replaced under warranty even though they were supercharged or running nitrous.

Picton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 - 1500 Express CC 4x2
Engine
5.7L Hemi
...The Longtubes also come with everything needed for a Bolton install. Headers, mandrel bent y-pipe, high flow cats, new gaskets, bolts, o2 sensor extensions, and stainless clamps. Everything is there to make this as easy as possible...

I may have screwed myself out of the "easy" part if I were to go the long tube route. I modified the stock exhaust a bit. I had the y-pipe cut out, and ran two pipes back to an 18" DI/DO Magnaflow. So I'd have to cut the Y-pipe off of the ARH headers and weld pipe to pipe. I guess it's not that big of a deal. It'd be a unique set up though.

BigMikeyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm currently in Conroe TX for the next week I would like to put some headers on my 14. However it's a 4x4 and long tube headers are low end torque robbers while shorty headers help they can be restrictive at mid/high rpms which is why I'm looking for some tri y headers. Does anyone make these for our trucks have not found any.

while peak numbers may look awesome you need to know what you are building before you get the biggest cam and baddest headers. The longtubes are awesome for all out hp. But I'm looking for what I think are the best for me which are the Tri Y's, Great torque and horsepower but not as good top end as long tube but not the sacrifice of torque down low. Torque wins races horsepower sells cars/parts.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm currently in Conroe TX for the next week I would like to put some headers on my 14. However it's a 4x4 and long tube headers are low end torque robbers while shorty headers help they can be restrictive at mid/high rpms which is why I'm looking for some tri y headers. Does anyone make these for our trucks have not found any.

while peak numbers may look awesome you need to know what you are building before you get the biggest cam and baddest headers. The longtubes are awesome for all out hp. But I'm looking for what I think are the best for me which are the Tri Y's, Great torque and horsepower but not as good top end as long tube but not the sacrifice of torque down low. Torque wins races horsepower sells cars/parts.

Have you found tri-Y's for 4Gens? I couldn't find any, when I looked.

BigMikeyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you found tri-Y's for 4Gens? I couldn't find any, when I looked.

no I haven't found any just shorty's and long tube's would be nice to see some tri Y's for these trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca