2013 Ram Bighorn LCD instrument cluster flicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHG_Gaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello. So I picked up my 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn, 5.7l on Saturday the 8th. I didn't recall this being an issue on the test drive nor all weekend until Sunday evening. The instrument cluster LCD, with the speed limit, gas, etc, you guys know what it is, with the brightest setting it flickers, bright to dull, one click down. So if i click the brightness down one, it's fine, only on the brightest setting does it flicker.

Is this common or easy fix to maybe just disconnect battery, or do I need to take it back to the dealer. I like the look at brightest setting but the flicker is distracting.

Thanks.

herb625

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have been having the same issue on my 2013 Sport, it only flickers on the brightest setting and can be very distracting. I have tried disconnecting the battery, seating all fuses, replacing fuses. I took it to the dealer and they did a reflash and it fixed it for a day. I had the alternator and battery tested and both tested good. Did you ever find a fix for this??

Killingsworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
From what I've read, there isnt a solid fix. Mine flickers at a lower setting so I keep mine turned higher.

MyDR1500LLH4by4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn ED and my map lights are dim. I have never noticed the instrument panel flicker, but I do have other electrical issues wiht lighting and speedometer needle:

Map lights overhead will suddenly burst into normal brightness but then return to a very dim mood lighting - totaly usless to be able to view reading material at night.

I also noticed that my speedometer needle will giggle a bit after I am on the freeway for long road trips. I never notice it on local short trips only long trips and the needle will just jiggle a bit back and forth above and below the actual speed I am going. There is definately some electrical issues with the 2014's