2015 Ram 1500 4x4 rear end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just about my did the same thing to my, back and forth to stealership, new rims, new tires, aliment, end up they had to replaced the front and rear axle, ask them wat cause they don't even know but solved my hula dancing problem on the road.

One of my worst ever nightmare scenarios, going back and forth to dealers , back and forth back and forth back and forth, did I say that more than once? :roflsquared:

What with this ( thankfully mine has gone I think ) and all my paint fu** ups and fluids under the tranny seal and rear engine, they can kiss my royal hairy **** and take truck back. Hence why the hell I am avoiding goint to see them, as I will be under extreme pressure to explode. I dont want to lose my composure should one of their donkies says something stupid about my issues.

But you know what? How many issues must one man turn a blind eye to before they eventually get up and go to the dealership?

thechopstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One of my worst ever nightmare scenarios, going back and forth to dealers , back and forth back and forth back and forth, did I say that more than once? :roflsquared:

What with this ( thankfully mine has gone I think ) and all my paint fu** ups and fluids under the tranny seal and rear engine, they can kiss my royal hairy **** and take truck back. Hence why the hell I am avoiding goint to see them, as I will be under extreme pressure to explode. I dont want to lose my composure should one of their donkies says something stupid about my issues.

But you know what? How many issues must one man turn a blind eye to before they eventually get up and go to the dealership?
I am totally agree with you about these stealership, they r scumbags, rip off, I hate them so much, I do most off repair work myself at home, I make mistake to bought this Ram good looking truck but the quality like sh@t ,the paint job is suck, the rubber seal on the windows all warps up cause the sun beat on it, hate all the stealership here in town they all suck, I am reach my 20000 miles at the front door of extended warranty or no extended warranty, thinking just gamble without one

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so has anyone else taken there truck back to the dealer ? if so what did they do ? and did it stop ?

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would try different dealers if one dealer is giving you the runaround

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn
*Bilstein 2.8" front, Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer, Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit, Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers, Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4),fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats, 2-12" aline subs (swe -1243), 500 watt alpine mono sub, LED 3rd tail light smoked, Spyder LED smokes tail lights

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
this just happened on mon. drove my truck into the city to go to the bank [ 15 miles away ] pulled up to the drive thru went through and started on my way back home the same way I just came from about a mile to a mile and a half from bank the speed limit goes to 40 I got it up to 40 and the back of the truck started bouncing and making the truck shake . between 45-50 the steering wheel started shaking from side to side enough so I had to really hold onto it this happened for a good mile then it just stopped ! I tried to get it to do it again but it never did . but it never did it all on the way over but after stopping [ I never shut truck off , parked it or anything ] and driving it that 1 to 1 1/2 miles it started and then stopped . I did have a guy say its broken belts but wouldn't it do it at those speed more often or all the time ? ive driven old beaters with junk tires with bad belts before along with rigs that the tires weren't balanced at all and had the shake , bounce , shake the steering wheel before but it was pretty much all the time at the same speed etc. . my truck has never really sat for much time its been driven at least once a week for 10miles I could see if it just sat for months and not moved then maybe a belt or belts break . this is just strange .

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
going to take another short drive sat. about a 27-28 miles round trip . lets see what happens .

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok took my trip 28 miles round trip. no problem drove the first 14 miles stopped for about 3 or 4mins took off again headed home same way I came from . 6 miles from home it started in and went the whole 6 miles which it has never done before . not to bad in the steering as before but just as much in the floor ,seat ,bed etc of the truck . this really makes no since .

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so anybody know if there is a fix or what is making this happen ?

edmunster71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2015 ram 1500 4x4 with only 2000km and have light vibration in steering wheel, centre console shakey at 110 km hr some kind of vibration echo in the truck at around the same speed. Drives me nuts. Have to turn up music to drown it out. Sent to dodge and they gave it back saying no abnormal vibration. So dissapointed. Going to try taking it back again.. any ideas on this?

counselor3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
join the club I already went to a lawyer for the federal lemon law be sure your dodge still is in warrenty there is no fee for consumers my 2015 started vibrating under the seat so violently at 159 miles I had to pull over that time it was at 50 to 55 mph at that time I wrote the dealer and said I want a new truck asap but a couple of days later I gave them a chance to fix it but they didn't knoe how I read a blog that said a consumer turned the drive shaft 180 degrees so I got the dealer to do that it did not cure the problem but the vibration diminished somewhat to about half of the violent range before. they will not take it in the shop unless its duplicated I had them drive it overnight for a total of 7 days 5+2 it didn't shake I got it back it started shaking its intermediate mine has 4400 miles it shook about 15 documented times but never with the service manager in the cab but I'm waiting for my lawyer to call back today dodge is working my case for the last couple of weeks call the federal lawyers and state lawyers ads doing recalls I'm in Indiana pa my lawyer is in the phila area everything is email and us mail I used him before for my brothers lemon no one knows what the problem is some blogs say redesigned frame stabilizer bars too rigid trans sensor no code light appears one guy I know would not even go to the dealer on a 2015 ram he went to a machine shop and had them rebalance the driveshaft hes a retired mechanic haven't followed up mine vibrated at 159,350,850,950 1750,2900, and about every 200 to 300 miles after that a total of 12 to 15 times I give up I want my money back no more rams ive bought dodges since 1988 no more

counselor3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
be careful what you do outside the dealers shop you can easily void the warrenty I wanted them to put lucas additive in the rear end another guy I know did it to all three of his dodge trucks plus to his son in laws truck he claims it takes the vibration away dodge said if you do that it voids the warranty, another guy had dodge put a transmission sensor and a pinion nut on his 2013 1500 quad cab 5.7 it worked then but it was done on an official recall so why is it happening again

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
join the club I already went to a lawyer for the federal lemon law be sure your dodge still is in warrenty there is no fee for consumers my 2015 started vibrating under the seat so violently at 159 miles I had to pull over that time it was at 50 to 55 mph at that time I wrote the dealer and said I want a new truck asap but a couple of days later I gave them a chance to fix it but they didn't knoe how I read a blog that said a consumer turned the drive shaft 180 degrees so I got the dealer to do that it did not cure the problem but the vibration diminished somewhat to about half of the violent range before. they will not take it in the shop unless its duplicated I had them drive it overnight for a total of 7 days 5+2 it didn't shake I got it back it started shaking its intermediate mine has 4400 miles it shook about 15 documented times but never with the service manager in the cab but I'm waiting for my lawyer to call back today dodge is working my case for the last couple of weeks call the federal lawyers and state lawyers ads doing recalls I'm in Indiana pa my lawyer is in the phila area everything is email and us mail I used him before for my brothers lemon no one knows what the problem is some blogs say redesigned frame stabilizer bars too rigid trans sensor no code light appears one guy I know would not even go to the dealer on a 2015 ram he went to a machine shop and had them rebalance the driveshaft hes a retired mechanic haven't followed up mine vibrated at 159,350,850,950 1750,2900, and about every 200 to 300 miles after that a total of 12 to 15 times I give up I want my money back no more rams ive bought dodges since 1988 no more

Worlds longest run on sentence there.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
update on mine. Now that I have the ground force drop springs and shocks on and the 24" SRT wheels and tires I have not felt the vibration once. When I was stock I was feeling it on the way to work. I drive the same way to work everyday and have not felt it once since the mods.

That being said, what fixed the problem? is it the new springs? Is it the new shocks? Is it the new wheels/tires? Is it that my drive shaft is now at a different angle with the drop? Unfortunately I don't' have the answer. All I can say is I had the problem when it was stock and don't have the problem now. Go figure.

stevhendrickson123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L VVT Pentastar
WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME IS YOUR AXLE MIGHT OF BEEN SHIFTED TO THE DRIVERS SIDE SLIGHTLY! WHEN YOU LOWERED THE TRUCK, THE AXLE MOVED TO THE PASSENGER SIDE OR MORE TO THE CENTER. THAT COULD OF REMOVED THE VIBRATION OR A WOBBLING. JUST A GUESS. :favorites13:

JimCan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same exact issue

HELP PLEASE!! I am new to here so hope I'm doing this right. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 standard cab with a 5.7 Hemi and it now has 4000 miles on it. I have had a vibration in the rear end of this truck since day 1. Had the Wrangler SRA tires on it and switched to all terrain tires. Been thru 3 sets of tire changes thinking it was the tires and it is not. The dealership changed the drive shaft today and it is still there. I've watched the wheels and tires on the balancing machine and they look perfect. Anybody here have any suggestions??? Need help bad before I lose my mind! lol

I have the exact same issue, 2015 Limited, Hemi 5.7, vibration from rear end, changed tires, just replaced drive shaft this past weekend. Still there so will be heading back. Any suggestions on what i can suggest?

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the exact same issue, 2015 Limited, Hemi 5.7, vibration from rear end, changed tires, just replaced drive shaft this past weekend. Still there so will be heading back. Any suggestions on what i can suggest?
Just a thought. When it shakes looks in your side view mirror, does of the back wheels move up and down too much? Mine almost feels as if it has square wheels. But not my rims. Starts at 50-55 approx.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New trucks shouldn't vibrate, if they do there is something wrong. Time to get it to the dealer and not take it until it's fixed.

JimCan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a thought. When it shakes looks in your side view mirror, does of the back wheels move up and down too much? Mine almost feels as if it has square wheels. But not my rims. Starts at 50-55 approx.

Definately not the wheels or tires. And must not be the drive shaft either. All that has been tested. The problem with the dealer is they really only know how to look for codes from a diagnostic test. No codes, and they seem lost. I am going back again this friday to drop off and ask them to replace the rear axle. I know there is a recall now on the 2015-16 RAM because of improper heating of some part of the axle. The recall is an inspect and replace if necessary. Mine is not included in that recall but maybe the problem is bigger than they think, ie. maybe components are bending/warping. Not giving up, truck will be fixed, too new to have this problem.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definately not the wheels or tires. And must not be the drive shaft either. All that has been tested. The problem with the dealer is they really only know how to look for codes from a diagnostic test. No codes, and they seem lost. I am going back again this friday to drop off and ask them to replace the rear axle. I know there is a recall now on the 2015-16 RAM because of improper heating of some part of the axle. The recall is an inspect and replace if necessary. Mine is not included in that recall but maybe the problem is bigger than they think, ie. maybe components are bending/warping. Not giving up, truck will be fixed, too new to have this problem.
Well mine was like this from new. At 2000 miles I replaced all wheels and tires so that really eliminates them as culprit.
The problem is that I envisaged dealer not being able to assist merely more than checking wheels and tires and then perhaps saying its normal. And that its probably a character of body on frame vehicle blah blah. The problem I believe is driveline or suspension related towards the rear.

Next time the drumming / vibration occurs I'm dropping into Neutral to see of it stops or not. Goto do my own due diligence [emoji3]