2015 Ram 1500 4x4 rear end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to add. My 2015 does have a tsb for this but insure if mine applies to it.

I got under the truck and there is slight splay in the two piece driveshaft clockwise and anti clock wise. Normal I think.
Also noticed oil residue around to center support driveshaft bearing normal?

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2015/RAM/1500/Driveshaft

Also my memory is like ****. I posted about it here LOL.

http://www.ramforum.com/f53/service_bulletin_no_16-001-14_a-74918/

And another thread.

http://www.ramforum.com/f38/2015_vibration;_floor_gas_pedal_steering-66298/index3.html

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
New 2016 longhorn vibration

Just got a brand new '16 crew cab longhorn .. Beauty of a truck with all the bells and whistles ...
But at 60 + mph, it has an awful vibration and at all speeds can feel a worrisome slight vibration in floor board.
It's all in seat and body .. Not in the steering wheel .
Only has 1000 miles on it !
Suggestions???

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just got a brand new '16 crew cab longhorn .. Beauty of a truck with all the bells and whistles ...
But at 60 + mph, it has an awful vibration and at all speeds can feel a worrisome slight vibration in floor board.
Suggestions???

Did this just start occurring recently? Have you had the opportunity to bring it into a certified FCA dealer? – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Suggestions???

Take it in and dont leave until its fixed. Or ask to exchange the truck

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Take it in and dont leave until its fixed. Or ask to exchange the truck

So do you camp out if it is not fixed and they need a couple of days to work it? Because in the real world, they more than likely will send you home with "will call when it is done" statement.

As to exchanging the truck, that is also pie in the sky dreaming until a long drawn out process is performed.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So do you camp out if it is not fixed and they need a couple of days to work it? Because in the real world, they more than likely will send you home with "will call when it is done" statement.

As to exchanging the truck, that is also pie in the sky dreaming until a long drawn out process is performed.

Yeah i was thinking maybe get a tent, and have some marshmallows and a propane lamp. -.-

It happens, raise enough hell they'll do anything to get you to leave.

Thanks for taking it so literal!!!

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Actually had it just over 1 week and felt vibration from 1st fee days.
Talked to dealer service Dept today and taking it in Friday as that's the earliest I can get it there.
The service writer said he had not heard of this w the 1500s.
I do plan on leaving it there or as Many times as needed to rectify the problem .. As it's driving me nuts between 65-80 mph !!!

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also made a video of it this morning while on road for about 45 miles .
Can actually see the passenger seat shaking and bottle waters in door shaking ...

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you guys take a video and post it, because sometimes mine will feel like a wheel is out of balance. I just associated it with the freeway because the same thing happens with my friend 12 hemi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've tried to upload but can't from my phone .
I can send the video to you by text or email.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Actually had it just over 1 week and felt vibration from 1st fee days.
Talked to dealer service Dept today and taking it in Friday as that's the earliest I can get it there.
The service writer said he had not heard of this w the 1500s.
I do plan on leaving it there or as Many times as needed to rectify the problem .. As it's driving me nuts between 65-80 mph !!!

Thanks for the follow-up. If the dealer is unable to resolve or you need further assistance, please DM me. Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
PM me your email or cell # and will send video of last two days shake at 70-80 mph.

ramowner1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have similar problem. 2014 Ram 1500 Lariat 5.7L:
After factory tires wore out at 25K miles I replaced with Toyo AT in December. Starting noticing vibration shortly after 4 months and four attempts to balance tires they finally ordered two new ones for rear. That didn't fix it so I took it to Dodge dealer. They replaced driveshaft yesterday after swapping tires and wheels off another truck which didn't fix the issue. They said it was fixed. Still have vibration at 74-76 mph. Took it back today and they are still diagnosing. He thinks new tires may be cupping which seems nuts as they have maybe 500 miles on them. They are still trying to diagnose now. He said they put my old driveshaft on another 2014 Ram and it definitely was out of balance. I told him that may be but I still fee the shake.

passthruhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds exactly like mine .
The dealers wheel / tire machine was Down so I'm taking it tomorrow .

They will have 3 attempts to fix . If not , I will not be in a Ram long.

There is no reason that a $54,000 truck should shake like a bobble head between 65-80 mph!

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sounds like Ram should install sensors similar to those found in modern civilian and military helicopters that tells you where the vibration is coming from, type of vibration, and resonance!!

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure if anyone has tried it yet or even if you have them but mine had little slip on lok washers to hold the caliper on when being built so maybe pull those off and give it a shot. Can't make it any worse

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have similar problem. 2014 Ram 1500 Lariat 5.7L:
After factory tires wore out at 25K miles I replaced with Toyo AT in December. Starting noticing vibration shortly after 4 months and four attempts to balance tires they finally ordered two new ones for rear. That didn't fix it so I took it to Dodge dealer. They replaced driveshaft yesterday after swapping tires and wheels off another truck which didn't fix the issue. They said it was fixed. Still have vibration at 74-76 mph. Took it back today and they are still diagnosing. He thinks new tires may be cupping which seems nuts as they have maybe 500 miles on them. They are still trying to diagnose now. He said they put my old driveshaft on another 2014 Ram and it definitely was out of balance. I told him that may be but I still fee the shake.

Do you have or have had any lift kits on your vehicle? Are there any other modifications done to your Ram? Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team