2015 ram 2500 cc 6.4 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Hello! Im new to this site and Ram as well..and i really liked it until it died. I havent even made the first payment and it left me stranded at work.
I put the key and nothing happens. No lights no fuel pump priming.....nothing..

This happened a week aftee i bought it the first
time. I put the key in and it would run for a few seconds then shut off.

This time nothing happened. Tried jumping it. Didnt work. The Truck was dead. After being towed and unloaded 5 miles to the dealer, we put the key in and it fired up and ran for a few seconds and shut off. After doing that 5 times the truck finally stayed running. I left it at the dealer because transmission lines were unhooked so it could be towed and im rather disgusted with it now. Now the dealer cant even look at it for 2 days.

The only thing in common with these two different occasions is that it was a very hot day outside and the truck sat in a parkinglot for 12 hours.

Im wondering if the heat has something to do with it because afrer it was towed the truck cooled down and started.

Anyone have any ideas about this one?

Attachments

• 20150616_183819.jpg
    20150616_183819.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 788

kry226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Sounds like the security system kill switch malfunctioning. I've seen several vehicles do this, especially the start for a few seconds and then quit. But these things have so many electronics inside, it's hard to tell these days.

Hope you get it figured out.

P.S. Why in Hades would they need to disconnect the tranny lines to tow it?

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
The trucks have a neutral switch in the transfer in case needed, so very odd to disconnect anything.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully it turns out to be simple & shows up on the scan at the dealer.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
doubt it was the heat.. the last two days I have been in arizona 114* out side.. no issues except for my damn cruise control..prolly what was said before.. something with the security system.. my neighbor had a similar issue.. the ram dealer put a aftermarket alarm on it.. and it conflicted with the factory alarm

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mines done it twice at work in plant 1st time it was about 3 months ago, crank here up and dies within about 30seconds but has always started back up after waitin for about 3 or 4 mins

Ratket I know whatcha mean with the cruise control mines drove me up the freakin wall

fordram guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Trouble

I have to say i agree about the frustration on things going wrong. Haven't had that trouble yet but looking to get it. On my truck it hits 5k on thw rpm when in tow haul mode. Also has hit 5k and drove with my big horse trailer hooked to as well. It goea from one extreme to the other. Thw drive off thing well worries me a bunch. Good luck on your truck

OP
OP
T

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Thank you everyone for all your input. Actually goes gets hooked to a computer tomorrow and hopefully it will spit out some codes. Ill update if it gets figured out or not.

That is what the tow driver said he unhooked (tranny lines). Im not sure exactly. He went under it with a couple pairs of pliars and it was able to roll then instead of being dragged onto and shook off the rollback.

Thank you everyone once again.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
They shoulda towed it with a hook truck. Hook from the rear wheels and go. Hook and book baby.

OP
OP
T

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Picked it back up today. Dealer replaced the rfh module and it still did the same thing because it sat outside in the sun for a few hours and got very hot inside the cab. We opened all the doors and let the cab cool off for a minute......then it fired right up and ran.....i think this is going to be a nightmare...i went ahead and took the truck so when it happens again...i can have it towed back to my selling dealer and tell them to "RAM" this truck.....up their a@$...

8 days in the shop......still not fixed.....2290 miles...

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damm that sucks. Sorry for your luck. 40k miles later and all I've had happen was a broken exhaust bolt.

Knock on wood.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, umm, if it did it at the dealer right away, why did they give it to you as fixed?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so how hot is it there? I am in 100 degree days right now.. no issues. had my truck in lake havasu for 2 days 114 degrees no issues.. followed up by Palm Springs 110 degrees no issues. I also idle the living **** out of my truck.. I like my cab freezing lol. I had the same temps last summer when I bought my truck. I really don't think it is the heat.

Jrp267

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try leaving a window cracked. It's probably the stereo overheating. A lot of functions are packed into the connect computer. I have heard of a few being bad and causing strange problems.

OP
OP
T

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Ram trucks.....suck.....im gonna lemon law this thing...and buy a chevy....a real truck

OP
OP
T

truckintrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Back in the shop again....they have no n idea what's causing it. It has also developed an exhaust leak, and the Uconnect is isnt working properly anymore.

This is officially the worst vehicle ive ever owned.
I wouldnt recommend a any Chrysler product to worst enemy.

When it was towed the first time. They didn't want to give me a loaner. Said i would have to rent a car on my own and they would reimburse me up to 35 a day..Haahahaaa. .then i told them the mileage on
the truck and said i wanted a refund.. their tune cganged pretty fast. I actually got a call from the owner of the dealership and he gave me an appology. This isnt the dealers fault. Its all chrysler