2016 ATC and heat/cool seats/wheel problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2016 2500 6.7 SLT
Factory came with uConnect 5.0 RA2 and 4 speed manual blower fan.
in february 2016, I installed a uConnect 8.4 RA4 from infotainment and also purchased a 4 speed to 7 speed conversion harness from the harness connection and all went well, not an issue.
in fall 2017 I added ATC with OBD Genie, used a dual zone bezel instead of single as the price was good and all was working perfectly fofr a couple of months.
While working out of town in November 2017, I went to a different dealer at the town we worked in for an oil change.
They called me later and said that there was a software update for my truck so I said sure, go ahead and install.
when I picked up the vehicle, they said that it took alot longer to update because they were having problems with a module.
A couple of days later, when I switched the HVAC to AUTO and heat was coming out of the vents to your face, instead of the defrost.
Now, whenever the truck is started after sitting for a few minutes, the rear defrost light flashes for a minute while the fan turns onto high speed and the actuators cycle as if trying to calibrate.
Went to my local dealer where i purchased the truck, go to for all maintenance and repairs, when they scanned the HVAC system, the error is with the blend door.
Well, there is no blend door on the single zone HVAC system and the dealer is unable to help me at this point because of the modifications.
I checked all connections for the 4 spd to 7 spd conversion and everything checks out.
is it possible that the other dealer flashed or updated the HVAC module?
I verified the module is still the original 4 speed module part (68105017AE)
Now my second issue is with the heated/cooled seats and wheel installed this week.
I purchased Limited Seats, limited console, heated steering wheel and instrument switch.
after installation, the front seats heat up with the switch and 8.4 RA4 after the OBD Genie install.
The cooled seats and heated wheel still DO NOT work even after the OBD Genie activation.
All controls show up on uConnect , when i press the cooled seats and heated wheel, the button is highlighted for 5 seconds, no click sound from module and the instrument panel button does not illuminate, then the button on the uConnect shuts off after 5 seconds.
The rear heated seats DO NOT work at all either.
I have also purchased an autoenginiuty scan tools with advanced Chrysler group which i will pick up in the next couple of days.

wiring under drivers seat:

IMG_3198.jpg
wiring to console with heated seat switches:

IMG_3199.jpg
very nice interior with Limited Door Panels

IMG_3200.jpg
Under Passenger Seat:

IMG_3203.jpg
Connections at Rear Seats:

IMG_3204.jpg

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For the ATC mod, did you reapply the genies after the dealer upgraded your truck? Does the radio show one temperature display or two when you try to adjust the temperature manually? If the dealer flashed the BCM, you will need to reapply the genies.

As for the heated seats, I don’t think the genie is still correctly enabling the codes required in BCM. Your the second person I have heard this same thing from who used the genie. When you get your AE tool we can verify the settings. My guess is the required settings in ECU 5 is not set. :(. $300 for something that doesn’t work. What a disappointment. I talked to infotainment about this exact problem early last summer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes I have reapplied the genie a few times since.
I just received the genie back in the mail today as they have added the Heated/Cooled Seats to the same ATC Genie (Genie 1).
So I have reapplied the genie again today.
The first time with Genie 1 - ended with red light and no seat controls enabled
After applying the second time - ended with green light, seat controls enabled and ATC dual zone controls.
After applying Genie 2, back to ATC single zone.

The ATC appears to work properly:
after Genie 1 - full dual zone enables with both sliders
after Genie 2 - ATC with single slider

Can I also verify correct settings for ATC single zone using the AE Tool.

thanks for your time DeerGuy...

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes you can. Can you post a picture of your climate screen?

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When I start the truck and the rear defrost light is flashing for about 60 seconds, I am unable to make any changes to the climate controls including turning On and OFF.

The real issue is that defrost will work randomly, there is always air blowing at feet and face vents, but quite often, air will blow out of the face vents in the morning (while set to defrost or defrost and feet) when I really need the defrost at -35.

2 weeks ago, I also bought new Mopar replacement actuators and replaced both the face/defrost and the foot actuators and still have the same issue.
I was able to freely turn the face/defrost door back and forth with fingers when the actuator was removed, so I don't believe it is binding or jambing.

IMG_3205.jpg IMG_3206.jpg IMG_3210.jpg IMG_3211.jpg

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In some cases when you install the RA4 conversion the rear defrost/mirror defrost button will blink for around a minute or so and sometimes you will get a check engine light for a few key cycles. This only happens when you first do the upgrade and then the HVAC module seems to set itself. I'm not sure what's going on with yours but it sounds like the dealer inadvertently caused issues with your HVAC module or your BCM. My truck also has the ATC control conversion. I had some issues with my truck a few months ago caused by the A.E. tool and decided to take it to the dealer to get it reflashed so I could start fresh. I know the technician and I was there when he did it. After he reflashed the truck everything seemed to be normal but I checked everything really quick and I noticed my temperature was in Celsius and I could not adjust anything with the control screen. I had him reflash the truck again and everything went back to normal. I'm not sure if the dealer did that or not but you might want to see if they will reflash it for you. And then have them reflash it again to see if it goes back to normal and the reinstall your Genies. Another thing that may help is to check your truck for any DTC codes when you get your AE tool and clear them. Also if that doesn't work you may want to consider replacing the HVAC module and see if that helps. Good luck stuff lime this can be frustrating.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I pickup up the A E Tool this morning
Installed Software and verified the Enhanced Chrysler Group is activated
Plugged into truck to verify its working

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pickup up the A E Tool this morning
Installed Software and verified the Enhanced Chrysler Group is activated
Plugged into truck to verify its working
Did you check for DTC's and clear any that were present?

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Following DTC after clearing

Climate Control:

B1603-12 right solar sensor - circuit short to battery

B1600-12 left solar sensor - circuit short to battery

Heated seat Module:

U0011-00 CAN interior BUS off performance

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I toggled on the heated wheel, cooled seats and heated rear seats in ECU 5 and all worked fine.
then i went to try and update the tire size, A E reported an error, over and over again.

Then i noticed the following also broken after attempting to update the tire size...

ABS not working
Speedometer not working
accelerator pedal error
mpg not working (probably related to speedo not working)
miles to empty not working (probably related to speedo not working)

I'm not sure how to convince the dealer to reflash

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s why the AE tool is dangerous.. I just took it in and told them to reflash the BCM. They didn’t ask any questions and was happy to take my money. That being said I know a lot of people who has activated the seats with AE with 0 problems. Either the tire size caused the problem or there was already an underlying problem happening with your truck.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As Deer guy said the AE tool can be used for some things but you need to tread lightly with it. I've not heard of anybody having any issues activating the seat codes,auto dim mirror and fogs with high beams. That being said after we started activating more codes we found the auto temp control vehicle theft alarm ect can really mess up your BCM and you cannot put it back with the tool. The tool is good for checking dtc's and diagnostics. If you're planning on using it as a code setting tool if you don't have a reference of other people doing it without issues its best not to use it for that. I would really recommend taking your truck to the dealer and having a completely reflashed and then after they reflash it start the truck up let it reset and then flash it again. That was how I got mine back and that's how STecoD got his back. I wouldn't think your dealer would have a problem refreshing the truck if you're paying for it. I am fortunate and know a service tech that works at a dealership near me and he did mine and SDecoD's trucks. Like I said the first flashed seem to work about halfway but the climate control was still really screwed up. I had him Flash the trucks again and they went back to normal. Not sure if it would correct your problem but it's worth a try.

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
went to dealer and reflashed BCM, and a couple other modules as well.

So in ECU 05 Memeory - are the following are safe to set?

Front Vented Seats Present - *required
Heated Steering Wheel Present - *required
Heated Wheel Material Type - (set to full leather and setting saved, but is it safe)
Memory Adjustable Pedals Present - NOT required
Memory Seat Present - (the setting saved yesterday and I was able to save in memory 1, but is it safe)
Rear Heated Seats Present - *required
Tilt / Telescope Steering Present - NOT required
Heated Seat Material Type (tried setting but kept returning to the setting - Default, probably NOT SAFE)

I also have Limited door panels with accent lighting

ECU 05 Doors are they safe to set?

Door Handle LED Present (Ambient Lights)
Door Map Pocket LED Present (Ambient Lights)

The Climate setting has returned to manual, I have an OBD Genie for ATC also, is it safer to use the genie than to use the AE Tool?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The ECU 5 seat settings SHOULD be safe. I turned a lot of people’s seats on with the tool. But use at your own risk. I’ve never tried to turn the memory seats on with it.

As for the climate settings, DO NOT use the AE to turn it on. It will corrupt your vehicle brand.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
went to dealer and reflashed BCM, and a couple other modules as well.

So in ECU 05 Memeory - are the following are safe to set?

Front Vented Seats Present - *required
Heated Steering Wheel Present - *required
Heated Wheel Material Type - (set to full leather and setting saved, but is it safe)
Memory Adjustable Pedals Present - NOT required
Memory Seat Present - (the setting saved yesterday and I was able to save in memory 1, but is it safe)
Rear Heated Seats Present - *required
Tilt / Telescope Steering Present - NOT required
Heated Seat Material Type (tried setting but kept returning to the setting - Default, probably NOT SAFE)

I also have Limited door panels with accent lighting

ECU 05 Doors are they safe to set?

The Climate setting has returned to manual, I have an OBD Genie for ATC also, is it safer to use the genie than to use the AE Tool?
As Deer Guy mentioned be careful with the tool. The codes I have set for myself and others with no issues are

Fog light dropout delete. This allows the fogs with high beams.

Heated/Vented seats
Heated/Steering wheel

Auto Dim rear view mirror

After that I would definitely be leery of any other codes unless you know people have successfully done it. Do not try to set the VTA alarm or Auto Temp control this will corrupt your BCM for sure. Also your truck does not have the correct wiring or modules to make the memory function work on your seats I do not recommend setting any of those codes as they won't work anyway and you could possibly corrupt your BCM trying to set them. Now that you've had your truck reflashed again is everything working correctly for your climate control Etc?

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Deer Guy, I came across a thread "Laramie Interior Handles" where you mention that you have enabled the lights.

Did you enable both codes with no ill effect:

ECU 05 Doors

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes, now that the truck has been reflashed, the ATC Genie installed and ATC is now working again without issues.
I had the Heated/Vented Seats and Wheel installed on my genie a couple of weeks ago also and it does NOT work.
So i connected the A E tool this morning and enabled front heated/vented seats, heated wheel and set to full leather type and enabled rear heated seats. The seats work perfectly. I took the truck for a drive, tested all vehicle options and made a few stops with no issues.
I then enabled the memory seat present, took for a drive, tested all vehicle options and made a couple of stops, still no issues.

next step is to reinstall latest uConnect software to if the setting will display the easy exit feature as it does not display on the screen yet but is turned on. Every time i remove the key from the ignition, the seat moves all the way back and when I insert the key, the seat will move forward to the last position.

After that I would like to enable the door handle and door map pocket lights for the Limited door panels I have installed, if Deere Guy can verify that it is safe.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait, you got the memory seats working without installing a new door module or rewiring it?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, now that the truck has been reflashed, the ATC Genie installed and ATC is now working again without issues.
I had the Heated/Vented Seats and Wheel installed on my genie a couple of weeks ago also and it does NOT work.
So i connected the A E tool this morning and enabled front heated/vented seats, heated wheel and set to full leather type and enabled rear heated seats. The seats work perfectly. I took the truck for a drive, tested all vehicle options and made a few stops with no issues.
I then enabled the memory seat present, took for a drive, tested all vehicle options and made a couple of stops, still no issues.

next step is to reinstall latest uConnect software to if the setting will display the easy exit feature as it does not display on the screen yet but is turned on. Every time i remove the key from the ignition, the seat moves all the way back and when I insert the key, the seat will move forward to the last position.

After that I would like to enable the door handle and door map pocket lights for the Limited door panels I have installed, if Deere Guy can verify that it is safe.
Same question as William S. We have not been able to get the memory function working in our trucks due to the fact that there's much wiring missing plus modules and it needs to be hooked into the CAN system. What trim level is your truck if you don't mind me asking and is it a regular cab crew or quad and do you have power folding mirrors?

OP
OP
chamolie

chamolie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7
2016 2500 6.7 SLT Crew Cab

UConnect 5.0 converted to 8.4 RA4
4 speed manual blower converted to 7 speed single zone ATC
Power Folding/Heated/Tow mirrors with signal lights and puddle lamps - factory
Traction Control/Tow Haul/Engine Brake controls - factory
Premium cloth with deluxe jump seat replaced with Limited seats
Deluxe jump seat replaced with mint condition Limited Full Floor Console
Diesel grey interior door panels replaced with mint condition Limited door panels
All wiring in place for Limited Seats and console from factory
Factory leather steering wheel replaced with Laramie leather heated steering wheel and clockspring (blue connector for clock spring factory)
Installed mopar footwell lights to factory connectors present
Backup camera installed and activated
Audio Control LC2i installed with factory subwoofer box/Alpine Type R 350 watt with power matched 350 watt digital sub amp
20" XD Series Wheels
ZXE Silverstar Headlights
led license plate and cargo lights - ebay
led interior light upgrade - ebay
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
Shocker Air Hitch

lots of upgrades, feels and looks like a new truck. Bought most parts for a good price, still way cheaper than purchasing a 2500 6.7 Limited - NEW

I'm pretty sure the memory button worked after activating the driver memory mirror and passenger memory mirror with the A E tool

Last edited: