2017 CC Limited stereo options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have been trying to read through the forum to get a clear answer, but I have a question. On my 2017, is the Alpine stereo decent or are there some easy upgrades I can do? In my opinion, it’s decent but not great. Without messing with a bunch of OEM equipment in the dash, is there a simple upgrade by just changing out speakers? Or is it even necessary? In my opinion the stereo can never be too good, but if there’s not room for huge improvement then I don’t want to mess with it. Just reading different threads, it’s hard to find anything concerning the newer systems.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
There are some easy upgrades but it depends on:
What your budget is
How much of an improvement you're looking for
You're factory amplifier has a firm grip on your overall system...it is loaded with factory digital sound processing which can hold back the performance of any aftermarket speakers you install. As you increase the volume on your system, the factory amplifier will pull more and more sub bass frequencies (and other frequencies) from the system to protect the factory speakers from mechanically being over-driven. That is the sole reason the Alpine system seems to lack a bit of "fun factor" and volume...cause the DSP is cutting decibals on certain frequencies as the volume goes up. There are a few devices you can purchase to clean up the signal and loosen the grip of the factory amp on the overall sound...aftermarket DSP's, summing devices to name a few..
Many people have added aftermarket amps, and high dollar/high performance speakers/subwoofers to their Alpine equipped trucks (without cleaning up the signal) and they're disappointed or had higher expectations...some even blaming the aftermarket equipment. In reality, the factory amp/dsp is still holding back performance of all that aftermarket gear....kinda like putting a supercharged corvette motor in your Honda Civic but asking that motor to perform with Honda's factory 1.5" single exhaust....the motor is choked out, and leaving ALOT of performance on the table.