2018 dodge ram 2500 6.4 tradesman dash and radio stays on after doors locked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briantmustang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I disconnected the battery for one day and everything was fine the next day. I took the truck to get washed and the issue came back, so some plug is getting wet. I check some forums on the internet and they say the I230 plug or the inline engine/dash harness gets wet and causes this problem. I have check and I cannot find that plug. Where is the location of that plug?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has the issue continued now that a couple days have passed and things might have dried out? Also, if it is still ongoing have you done the battery disconnect again and verified the problem instantly resurfaces?

Here is a thread with the explanation of what you were talking about.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not the door switch though...right?

I replaced 2x (out of 3) in my H3 a couple months ago. Radio would stay on for about 20-30 min after exiting the vehicle. Even if the doors were locked. Now it shuts off as soon as the doors are opened (when getting out of vehicle). Just an idea.. What does your dome light do BTW?

I'm not sure if the HVAC module reported before is accurate or not just because doors cycle. Maybe..maybe not. I guess I'm being a doubting Thomas here. I guess if a new module clears it up, or a reset of the fuse clears it up, then that's pretty good evidence. But I noticed the interweb 'fix' didn't work for some owners.

The hvac blend doors are supposed to cycle through, that's how they find their 'stop' (open/closed) positions. But they'll continue to cycle if there's a broken blend door b/c a broken door won't bottom out at either open or closed. IDK if a bad actuator would do that too? IDK. But a broken blend door for sure will. Or even a partially broken door. When that happens, the module gets confused because it's not seeing a bottom-out condition, and repeats the cycle a couple times and then realizes there's a fault and stops. And it will do it periodically as the vehicle is running too. Then stops for a while, then makes another calibration attempt.

But unhook the battery cables, tie the two ends together (not touching the battery terminals at all) and leave for a hour or better yet, all night as you sleep. Then reconnect & see what happens.

Last edited: