2018 Ram with RA3 service phone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram tradesman and have swapped in a 2014 jeep Ra3. I figured I would just throw the fakra sim to clear the service phone message but was told it would not work on the 2018's.

Has anyone figured out a way to clear the message without adding a bunch of parts.

I have been looking for a sub $500 UAS/UAQ at the same time also but have come up short

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For a 2014 radio you need a cell bypass, the truck year isn't relevant in this case.

Edit: See Mike's post below

What you might have heard about the 2018's is that the 2018 UAS/UAQ radios don't generate that message, even with no cell antenna hooked up.

You can get a bypass from M2Mods here on the forums. Contact @Mpgrimm2 for more info.

-K

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Unfortunately the Cell Bypass Plug won't clear the error on its own in a 18+ truck with a 13-17 radio. Most people who have run into this either live with it or get a UAx radio vs "adding a bunch of parts" to see if it can be eliminated.

What 'may' fix it, is adding the SoS/Assist mirror & it's harness with the Bypass Plug, or possibly with the Sharkfin antenna. So far, no one has gone that far.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

Reactions: kad