2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@superjoe83
The options you need to change should just be:
CBC Features:
Single Element Tail Lamp: Yes -> No
CBC Config I/O Usage:
Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout: No -> Yes

@skuppy069 That's all I had you change for the lights, right?
I'll give it another try, but im pretty sure I had it that way before and the dropout didn't work

Brayden S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im installing the tail lights in my 17 ram sport, The tail lights I bought have blind spots but I am not going to hook them up. I was wondering if the run relay control is part of the blind spot or the lights? What would I have to connect the Run Relay Control wire to if I needed it?

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im installing the tail lights in my 17 ram sport, The tail lights I bought have blind spots but I am not going to hook them up. I was wondering if the run relay control is part of the blind spot or the lights? What would I have to connect the Run Relay Control wire to if I needed it?
If you're not doing BSM, you won't need the run relay control. That provides the power for BSM modules. Also, you won't need the pin 8 and pin 12 grounds as those are for BSM as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't replaced my mirror heads yet for BS nor have I enabled those features yet with alfa, I did connect my harness completely and receive crosspath warnings when in reverse

Brayden S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Has anybody found out if it it turned out to tap the turn signals to the front headlights? I need a little bit more help if I need to connect to the BCM. I have the connectors for it.

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is it possible to mod a 2011 1500 BCM to suit these headlights?

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Has anybody found out if it it turned out to tap the turn signals to the front headlights? I need a little bit more help if I need to connect to the BCM. I have the connectors for it.
I have like that in my truck for a while. Work just fine.

Brayden S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have like that in my truck for a while. Work just fine.

Connected it to my front headlights, and I cleared out the code, but I still have hyper flash. Is there anything you did to the wiring to the rear tail lights? Or anything special you did to the BCM? Did you tap in to the The rear lighting false sense wire?

Brayden S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I connected my tail light turn signals to the front. Cleared out the code and still hyper flashes, I changed all the options in the my interface. Is there anything I need to change specific for the blinkers? Or did you guys like tie the turn signal with the light false sense wire?

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, taillights, sorry. I'd like to know if there is any difference between older BCMs and the newer ones. If I read it right, the newer BCM have an option to run separate tail light turn signal wire but to activate this option you need Alpha OBD. Am I right?

Taillights? If you want just the lights you dont need that much. Is just wires.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Connected it to my front headlights, and I cleared out the code, but I still have hyper flash. Is there anything you did to the wiring to the rear tail lights? Or anything special you did to the BCM? Did you tap in to the The rear lighting false sense wire?
Remember that you take the turn signal from the front to make the turn signal work in the taillights but the brake is still in use and the car read that. You must add a resistor for that wire in the rear. One resistor for side.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I connected my tail light turn signals to the front. Cleared out the code and still hyper flashes, I changed all the options in the my interface. Is there anything I need to change specific for the blinkers? Or did you guys like tie the turn signal with the light false sense

Remember that you take the turn signal from the front to make the turn signal work in the taillights but the brake is still in use and the car read that. You must add a resistor for that wire in the rear. One resistor for side.

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, taillights, sorry. I'd like to know if there is any difference between older BCMs and the newer ones. If I read it right, the newer BCM have an option to run separate tail light turn signal wire but to activate this option you need Alpha OBD. Am I right?
Yes. You need the alfaobd to activate. But I am not sure in 2012 or older models. 2013 and up has that port in the bcm.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Long time no post on this forum for me, but looks like ya'll figured out most everything. Kinda wishing @Jimmy07 had mentioned someone like @Roman217 was making harnesses for people on here before i went out and bought everything to do it on my truck. The hard parts are purchased, only things i still need to piece together is the wiring, loom and mirrors. But all of the connectors are already at my place, and the lights are on order. So i should have BSM soon for my 18. Guess if i am going to stick around here again, i might want to update my sig. It's probably only 3 or 4 trucks old at this point

wellsj89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just got confirmation that my @Roman217 has shipped. Can’t wait to get them installed. Went a little crazy and sent the tails to retroshop to get some tint and color matching done

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The only thing i have left is to get the BSM mirror glass, but i imagine i'll order soon enough for that. My tails should be here Friday because i accidently made an offer on ebay that was accepted. So i went ahead and ordered wire for the project. I imagine i'll be getting the glass by the end of the month and doing the full install, i might get the tails installed and functional without BSM in the meantime though, we'll see....

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only thing i have left is to get the BSM mirror glass, but i imagine i'll order soon enough for that. My tails should be here Friday because i accidently made an offer on ebay that was accepted. So i went ahead and ordered wire for the project. I imagine i'll be getting the glass by the end of the month and doing the full install, i might get the tails installed and functional without BSM in the meantime though, we'll see....

Order them Now it took over 45 days to get mine, Not the fault of allmoparparts, I think they were back ordered from the manufacturer.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Got my harness from @Roman217 and everything works great. However I figured out which setting we don’t need to enable and everyone can now have 100% correctly functioning 5th Gen tails on their 4th gens.

Before we were getting ambers with turns but not with hazard and unlock/lock. To fix this and make it use the amber all the time do not enabled rear LED lighting present. Don’t ask me why that works I have no clue but it works on my 2018 and Roman was also able to make it work for his as well.

Video and pics of finished product tomorrow! Mean I need a new tailgate bar to match my turn signals now...