2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Order them Now it took over 45 days to get mine, Not the fault of allmoparparts, I think they were back ordered from the manufacturer.

I ordered a set of new ones from eBay with BSM for cheaper. Can message you the seller if you want. I had the same issue and didn’t want to wait for back order.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my harness from @Roman217 and everything works great. However I figured out which setting we don’t need to enable and everyone can now have 100% correctly functioning 5th Gen tails on their 4th gens.

Before we were getting ambers with turns but not with hazard and unlock/lock. To fix this and make it use the amber all the time do not enabled rear LED lighting present. Don’t ask me why that works I have no clue but it works on my 2018 and Roman was also able to make it work for his as well.

Video and pics of finished product tomorrow! Mean I need a new tailgate bar to match my turn signals now...
I tried it on my truck this evening and it works. No idea why or how it makes sense but it works.

I only had to change the setting below and now I have amber hazards and amber lock/unlock/remote start.
c2f044711c2e1f19537ba351f2b19d5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EDIT: Full list of settings including the recent discovery by @Arth:
CBC Configurable Inputs and Outputs:
Rear Turn Lamps Output Present: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
CBC Features Configuration:
Combined Rear Lighting Enable: ' YES ' -> ' NO '
Single Element Tail Lamp: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
LED reverse lamps present: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
LED stop lamps present: ' NO ' -> ' YES '
LED rear turn lamps present: ' NO ' -> ' NO '
LED tail lamps present: ' NO ' -> ' YES '

CBC I/O Usage:
Left rear door ajar switch usage- left rear lamp diagnostics
Right sliding door ajar switch usage- right rear lamp diagnostics

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried it on my truck this evening and it works. No idea why or how it makes sense but it works.

I only had to change the setting below and now I have amber hazards and amber lock/unlock/remote start.

CBC I/O Usage:
I'll try this tomorrow and see if it works for me, is the brake light drop out still working?

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

CBC I/O Usage:

Also Confirming, Worked!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I really need to get around to setting mine up finally!

Great job on the amber lights fix.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem. Thanks for clearing that up.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Order them Now it took over 45 days to get mine, Not the fault of allmoparparts, I think they were back ordered from the manufacturer.

I just ordered some from Athen's dodge. They emailed right away asking for my vin and i told them no thnks, the vin won't help you. I know what i'm ordering just send it. Hopefully they do. I told them if they absolutely need a vin i could probably get one for them, but there is no real need for one as i know what i'm ordering. Hopefully they realize that too and just send it

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got my harness from @Roman217 and everything works great. However I figured out which setting we don’t need to enable and everyone can now have 100% correctly functioning 5th Gen tails on their 4th gens.

Before we were getting ambers with turns but not with hazard and unlock/lock. To fix this and make it use the amber all the time do not enabled rear LED lighting present. Don’t ask me why that works I have no clue but it works on my 2018 and Roman was also able to make it work for his as well.

Video and pics of finished product tomorrow! Mean I need a new tailgate bar to match my turn signals now...
Just found this out today. Thank you so much! You saved me nearly a thousand dollars today.

Last edited:

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

CBC I/O Usage:

@Jimmy07 Is this specific to the 1500s? or should i follow this when programming my BCM? I'm asking because in reading this thread i noticed the 1500 trucks require a bit more effort then the HD trucks

Also, Athen's dodge was great to order the mirrors from. They followed up right away asking for my vin, which i told them it won't do you any good as i am doing custom stuff here. They didn't have any reservations and understood completely. Great to work with and great price. I know on CF many people like Athen's dodge for filters and other stuff, so it's good to deal with them and be happy and not catch flack for the vin not matching the parts. That's why i hate autozsone. You could go in to get windshield washer fluid and they would ask if your vehicle is 2wd or 4wd. But mirror glass shipped the day after i ordered, and i should have those this friday. Which means this weekend i should be building my harness and doing my install. Should have 5th gen tails and BSM on my truck by the end of the weekend if everything goes well

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@Jimmy07 Is this specific to the 1500s? or should i follow this when programming my BCM? I'm asking because in reading this thread i noticed the 1500 trucks require a bit more effort then the HD trucks

Also, Athen's dodge was great to order the mirrors from. They followed up right away asking for my vin, which i told them it won't do you any good as i am doing custom stuff here. They didn't have any reservations and understood completely. Great to work with and great price. I know on CF many people like Athen's dodge for filters and other stuff, so it's good to deal with them and be happy and not catch flack for the vin not matching the parts. That's why i hate autozsone. You could go in to get windshield washer fluid and they would ask if your vehicle is 2wd or 4wd. But mirror glass shipped the day after i ordered, and i should have those this friday. Which means this weekend i should be building my harness and doing my install. Should have 5th gen tails and BSM on my truck by the end of the weekend if everything goes well
Yes, follow those settings for HDs. I changed my HD like mentioned, and the hazards function as ambers now, just like others are reporting.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sometimes it's all in the little derails right? Yes the tailgate bar lags just a little. Known issue but still like it a lot.

Nice setup. What lightbar is that? Have you had it long? Ive heard some brands dont hold up.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine finished today. Bit of a struggle with my battery being low and changing a bunch of settings in the bcm randomly. Huge thank you to @Roman217 for spending hours with me getting it figured out and his awesome harness.

View attachment 224764

View attachment 224765

View attachment 224766
You mind if we get a side shot. Liking pretty much everything you got going on especially that cab wing deal. Are the center parts of your tail lights painted to match?

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mirror glass showed up. Guess some time this week i get to install my harness and see if i made it wrong or right. If it doesn't work i might be talking with @Roman217 to see about sending him what i made and having him fix it. lol. But i believe everything should be right. We'll see soon enough

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My tail light's parking light on the left side just died today. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm just going to swap into the halogen tail lights now. Unlikely of buying a replacement for it.
EDIT: Looks like the issue is actually with my truck.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357