2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any info on colors for 2019?

From Allpar:
There are twelve colors, including four new paints, and the first Ram use of Tri-coat paint: Billet Silver, Tri-coat White, Patriot Blue, and Diamond Black Crystal. Three two-tone color options carry through newly designed fender flares and the lower body.

Reactions: JB1

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Holding out for the 2nd year of Gen5 2500s. The interior on this 2019 is absolutely stunning. I didn't think a cab interior could look that good, but neither the changes to the outside of the truck nor changes under the hood are enough to compel me to buy another 1500. Until then, I am a happy Gen4 1500 owner.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holding out for the 2nd year of Gen5 2500s. The interior on this 2019 is absolutely stunning. I didn't think a cab interior could look that good, but neither the changes to the outside of the truck nor changes under the hood are enough to compel me to buy another 1500. Until then, I am a happy Gen4 1500 owner.
plus the HD's wont have that "stop start" engine tech

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Finally had time to watch that video and will say with out question I dont not want any part of the new trucks.

All that new tech just looks like its going to cause problems, better have a good dealer and extra warrenty.
I mean they cant even fix the manifold bolts .lol
Just to much computer controlled things on there to go wrong.
He also did not mention a Express model.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ram showed a redesigned 1500 at the Detroit Auto Show this week, and there are enough major changes to the truck to raise the question of is this Gen5? Redesigned frame, electric torque boost with stop/start capability and 24v battery, new bodywork with distinct grilles for trim levels and NO Crosshair grill, 4” more length in the crew cab compartment and rear seats that recline, higher payload & tow ratings, etc. etc. So is this the Gen5 intro? You can see the info for yourself over at FTL and Pickuptrucks.com. I posted the videos here this morning but that got promptly punted into Off Topic... Dealers will be taking orders for the 2019s at the end of January, according to the interview, so if this is Gen5–when do we see a new sub forum so we don’t get punted to Off Topic for discussing the truck? These new trucks are so different from my 2016 they certainly don’t seem to be part of the same generation...

DG

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We really should have a new forum, moving all the 2019 threads into one 50 page thread only contributes to repetitive posts/threads because nobody sees the info from 20 pages back

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Staff was discussing adding a 5TH Gen forum today. We know that truck will become generally available within the next couple of months.

We'll get it set up and running soon.

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Chill, 3 things...

1. It's ugly.
2. Choose your words wisely, you never know who you're talking to. Calling a bunch of us liars is not smart.
3. IT'S UGLY!

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!
I just present facts, I’m sorry the truth offends you. New generation looks superb!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I just present facts, I’m sorry the truth offends you. New generation looks superb!
You present your own subjective opinion, not fact. The truth has NEVER offended me. Now, go buy a dictionary and stuff it in the glovebox of your next FUGLY truck. I'm done with this guy.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For now.

Absolutely no reason that it isn't something easily added into the vehicles. Good or bad, it would be nice to have a hybrid system to give a little kick from time to time while towing. Espically when starting on a grade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 4th generation has already too many gimmicks. 5th generation just has too many more unnecessary gimmicks. I just want my truck to be a truck.

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love every gen dodge and had everyone one but a 2nd . I love the new look.if I'm being 100% honest it looks close to new Chevys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I sure as hell hope not! added capacity and no hybrid would be nice too.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You present your own subjective opinion, not fact. The truth has NEVER offended me. Now, go buy a dictionary and stuff it in the glovebox of your next FUGLY truck. I'm done with this guy.

Sales data backs up his claim. Outside of the recession new models by in large outsell the predecessor by a fair margin. For that to happen there has to be a giant return customer base. They are not selling 450k new trucks to first time buyers every year.

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Aight, I did some reading and it looks like the electric motor will be standard on the 3.6, and will be optional on the hemi on the lower trims. It looks like the higher trims come standard with the electric motor, even with the hemi.

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sales data backs up his claim. Outside of the recession new models by in large outsell the predecessor by a fair margin. For that to happen there has to be a giant return customer base. They are not selling 450k new trucks to first time buyers every year.

It’s a natural for humans to resist change...bottom line is that the new generation product is better in every way. This occurs with every manufacturer, I’m also a BMW fan and see the same traits with that consumer base.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
How is it not?
because it is an opinion. To make a statement as if its a fact is a stretch. For instance, my opinion is that there are a lot of nice upgrades especially on the interior, but a lot of the exterior changes to me do not look better - therefore it is not better in every way.

wutech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So where is the option for the BJ accessory, seems like truck can come with everything else, this must be an option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley