3.7 V6 specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTexasBandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know if this will be seen by a whole lot of people, but here it goes
Okay I am looking at hand making some new headers for my 08 3.7V6 1500 and I am in need of a few things in order to calculate everything. I am in need of the following.
Exhaust Valve Diameter (inches)
Exhaust Valve Opening point (degrees)
Exhaust Valve Duration
Exhaust Valve Centerline (degrees)
Volumetric Efficiency
Getting this information would be very grateful as I'm not able to find a lot of information about this stuff with the resources I have available to me.

OP
OP
T

TheTexasBandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm doing tuned length headers, and I am planning on doing more to the motor too

Now I'm curious, as there isn't factory or aftermarket support for this engine, even with being able to use some 4.7 parts. What are you planning?

Exhaust Valve Diameter (inches) - 1.4516"-1.4618"
Exhaust Valve Opening point (degrees) - opens 233° BTDC (Just in case, closes at 17° ATDC)
Exhaust Valve Duration - 250°
Exhaust Valve Centerline (degrees) - not listed in the FSM
Volumetric Efficiency - also not listed in the FSM. You'll have to figure that one out yourself, though you might ask the guys at AIRRAM, that family of engines is their bread and butter (or it at least used to be).

OP
OP
T

TheTexasBandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now I'm curious, as there isn't factory or aftermarket support for this engine, even with being able to use some 4.7 parts. What are you planning?

Exhaust Valve Diameter (inches) - 1.4516"-1.4618"
Exhaust Valve Opening point (degrees) - opens 233° BTDC (Just in case, closes at 17° ATDC)
Exhaust Valve Duration - 250°
Exhaust Valve Centerline (degrees) - not listed in the FSM
Volumetric Efficiency - also not listed in the FSM. You'll have to figure that one out yourself, though you might ask the guys at AIRRAM, that family of engines is their bread and butter (or it at least used to be).
I am wanting to make it a stout V6 when it comes to performance. Make it to where it can put out the power and torque like a 4.7 or more. And I figured why not start with the Intake and exhaust system first and work my way up.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am wanting to make it a stout V6 when it comes to performance. Make it to where it can put out the power and torque like a 4.7 or more. And I figured why not start with the Intake and exhaust system first and work my way up.
Shouldn't be too hard, 3.7 is only 20hp less than the early truck version. When they created the 3.7, they increased the stroke (it has more than a 4.7) to help offset the power loss. Usually no one bothers because there is little factory or aftermaket support for the 4.7 and even less for the 3.7.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TheTexasBandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shouldn't be too hard, 3.7 is only 20hp less than the early truck version. When they created the 3.7, they increased the stroke (it has more than a 4.7) to help offset the power loss. Usually no one bothers because there is little factory or aftermaket support for the 4.7 and even less for the 3.7.

A lot of people like to bolt on aftermarket parts. I like to custom make my parts, put them on, and sometimes make a part from a completely different vehicle work with the current vehicle I am wanting to put it on. Like taking a turbo that is ment for a diesel pickup and stuffing it under the hood of a gasoline vehicle and making it work without destroying anything internally.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
A lot of people like to bolt on aftermarket parts. I like to custom make my parts, put them on, and sometimes make a part from a completely different vehicle work with the current vehicle I am wanting to put it on. Like taking a turbo that is ment for a diesel pickup and stuffing it under the hood of a gasoline vehicle and making it work without destroying anything internally.
Well you're gonna get plenty of practice lol