3" body lift and tow hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanCityRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I have recently purchased a Performance accessories 3 inch body lift and as I was reading the instructions I noticed it says I can't keep my front tow hooks. Has anyone figured out a way to keep the front hooks with the 3" body lift? I really don't want to just get rid of them! My sport didn't come with them so I bought and installed them and have used them a handful of times. Anyone find a way too keep the tow hooks with the 3 inch body lift?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Unless you custom build some tow hooks that fit properly with the body lift, no you won't be able to keep them.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Unfortunately it isn't possible

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

VanCityRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your new iron cross bumper will have d ring mounts anyway :naughty:
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I'm just not a huge fan of the ironcross bumpers. I just thought someone would have figured out a way to make the factory hooks work, or had some ideas for something custom.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
yeah,iron cross wouldn't be my first choice either,but you followed the way i was drifting,right?

OP
OP
V

VanCityRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah I follow ya! I guess I'll have to do some bumper shopping. Hopefully someone still might chime in with a magic fix

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Express didn't come with the tow hooks , I bought a set from a member here & installed them knowing I would Not be able to install a body lift and retain the hooks .... so I'm just planning to do the BDS 6" suspension lift with 35s , I have the 355 differentials & the 6 speed xsmn ,
If I had 392 or lower diffs I would likely opt for a body lift + suspension lift with 37s ...

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll buy them from you if you don't find a fix... My truck didn't come with them

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk