3 Weeks Old And I Got Hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brady18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brand new truck is 26 days old and I got rear ended this morning on the way to work. So annoyed at other people today! That is it, just needed to rant for a second!

VPRPWRD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L Viper
That's terrible news, any pictures of the damage?

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
That sucks

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That blows! Hope you get it patched up quick.

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I about got t-boned today. I almost got out and punched the ***** in her face right in front of her kid. Pissed me off. I mean when there is a stop sign before a main road, STOP at it. Dont go half way into the lane and smack your brakes and act like its how things work. Damn.

OP
OP
Brady18

Brady18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to get an estimate tonight and another one on Friday just to make sure they find all damage. It was pouring rain (to make matters worse) so I didn't get very good pictures just yet. I did take a few of his car which ended up in a lot worse shape than mine luckily. I originally didn't think it looked that bad but then when looking at it better I noticed there is more than I thought. I thought it was only the back bumper but now I can see the bumper was pushed into the side of the truck close to the rear denting it and chipping paint off. We'll see just how bad tonight.

NorthTexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got hit fairly soon after I got my truck. It was about $1500 of damage. And a few weeks ago I got hit by a guy backing out of a parking spot. Thats about $5500 of damage. I understand your pain. :(

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing happened to me. I had my Sport less than a month and some woman hit me right behind the front wheel. I was crazy pissed.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn guys..for all of you, that just Fing sucks.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4
*Bilstein 2.8" front
*Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer
*Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit
*Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers
*Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4)
*fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats
*2-12" alpine subs (swe -1243l
*500 watt alpine mono sub
*LED 3rd tail light smoked
*Spyder LED smokes tail lights
havent even started on the engine..lol

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Ouch that sucks. I remember right after I got my truck I watched someone almost back into (literally with inches with me screaming to stop). Luckily they didn't hit me but the feeling was still there. Hopefully you get it fixed up quick.

Did they at least have insurance so it isn't coming out of your pocket?

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear. Some people just don't pay attention, but at least you didn't get hurt.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
That sucks! I have told people for a long time that I should get a camera that shows me saving peoples lives daily and receive some sort of discount. So many people expect others to save them from their own poor driving skills.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
happened to my wife.. put insurance on her new car with less then 100 miles and two days after i put the insurance on it was hit

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife hit mine with her minivan a few weeks back......

Sorry about your truck. Hopefully they fix her up good as new for you.

RamItEco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo EcoDiesel 3.0
This happened to me when I got my Ford a few years ago. Not even two months in and I got rear-ended. Sucked so hard.

Teeka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel your pain. 3 day old jeep my windshield got smashed with a rock the size of a baseball. Day 10 some old man backed into the side of the jeep. While getting it fixed at the auto body shop the apprentice smashed the bumper., tire mount and passenger tail light backing it up into concrete pillar driving out of the shop to me.
2 month a hit and run. Roofing truck backed into it while parked at home. Knocked my driver side tail light off and dented and scratches all around where the tail light was.
6 months old lady lane change into my passenger rear tire and fender.
4 years I flopped it on its side wheeling (only whoops caused by me) fixed by me.

First day I brought that jeep I was looking out the window at it thinking "I got a bad feeling about this jeep"

Should listen to that little voice in my head more often.

The ram nothing like that :)
When they asked if its been in an accident trading it in on the truck. I was biting my tongue, there are 2 of them not reported to the insurance. The body shop oops and my trail oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk