4" Rancho lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought my 2012 Big Horn 4x4 2 weeks ago and want to lift it. My question is are any of you guys running a Rancho kit? If so are you using their shocks or did you go with the Bilstein 5100's?

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Don't think anyone here has a Rancho kit...? Most of us say go with a 6' kit because you'll regret not getting it unless you absolutely have to have a 4'. I run a 6' Zone Offroad lift and I love my Bilsteins as well.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go big or go home, guys who go level want the four, guys who go four want the six, guys with the six do bilsteins and rear spacers and 1.25 body lift and wish they did the 3 inch body lift.

I have the pro comp and rides great, for a four inch your almost better off with a level and small body lift seen here Dodge 1500 Combo Kit

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing that holds me back from the 6" kits is I think it will not look right with 35" tires, and really do not want to jump all the way up to 37"tires. I really like the superlift 4" but its over priced in my opinion. Also thought about the rancho 2.5 leveling kit. The kit replaces all the shocks with their my ride socks, which allows you to adjust for towing and offroad uses($650).

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
35" tires will look fine on a 6", trust me. Prior to this truck I had a 2010 with the 6" pro comp lift and 35" tires and I thought it looked great, but it's all up to you in the end. Do what you think you'll like best

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even an RCX 6' is good, they have the closest measurements to a true 6 inch lift.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 6 inch lift with 35s looks great, im even pondering doing a 3 inch body on 35s . 37s are huge.

This is a 6" suspension and 3" body on 35s
4790128395_a64b4f17fe_b.jpg

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that actually does look really good, well I might just go with a 6".

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yep getting a 6", triangleman how long have you had the lift on your truck? When I had my 09 GMC I wanted to get a 6" and everyone I talked to had nothing but bad things to say about rough country. It seems the opposite for their kits for RAMs.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yep getting a 6", triangleman how long have you had the lift on your truck? When I had my 09 GMC I wanted to get a 6" and everyone I talked to had nothing but bad things to say about rough country. It seems the opposite for their kits for RAMs.

Oh........ about 4 days so far! lol

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I've heard mixed reviews, most guys in here have had good experiences, my local shop won't even install rough country stuff from not liking the quality

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard mixed reviews, most guys in here have had good experiences, my local shop won't even install rough country stuff from not liking the quality

Well, to me it looks like great quality when I crawled around under the truck looking at everything.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just scary putting a "cheap" lift kit on a $50,000 truck, but I also plan on using the Bilstein 5100's which you would think would be the most important part of the lift. Not saying my truck will be a pavement princess, but by no means am I going to beat the **** out of it.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just scary putting a "cheap" lift kit on a $50,000 truck, but I also plan on using the Bilstein 5100's which you would think would be the most important part of the lift. Not saying my truck will be a pavement princess, but by no means am I going to beat the **** out of it.

To each their own but it isn't cheaply made. IMO

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Scott, curious too as to why you 'x2' as well....

not sure what you're X2ing.....lol. X2 for I will be fine with the RCX lift with Bilsteins or X2 for the cheap lift on $50,000 truck? Really need to figure out what Im going to go with........

Rough Country kits are NOT the kits that they use to be.
I spent countless days, upon weeks (a few members here can atest to that) researching lift after lift and in the end I chose the rcx (rough country) 6" lift kit.

There are a few members here and 1 in particular that BEATS the living **** out of his truck. Im exaggerating as he doesn't beat it up, but he does some serious mudding and offroading and has yet to have issues.

Plus, would a 'cheap' company offer lifetime warranty on parts?

the rcx kit is well built and all components are of top quality.

Another example: A guy doing my gears this week was pushing me to go with Zone (off brand of BDS) but I still did not choose to go with the kit. Ket creeped under my truck as was seriously impressed with the kit and literally told me he will now begin to recommend rcx as an option as he is a dealer for them too.

Im not saying rcx is better than BDS, Pro Comp or Fabtech. They are all GREAT Kits.
But the RCX lift kit, is the best bang for your $$

If I could do it again and I did not care about money, I would do the Fabtech kit, but if I wanted to keep $$ aside for other mods, I would grab this kit in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Cas