4" Rancho lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just scary putting a "cheap" lift kit on a $50,000 truck, but I also plan on using the Bilstein 5100's which you would think would be the most important part of the lift. Not saying my truck will be a pavement princess, but by no means am I going to beat the **** out of it.

The kit is far from being 'CHEAP'
But regarding the Bilsteins, I would do the Bilsteins especially if you want more height.
You can adjust and take full advantage of the Bilsteins on a 6" lift over a 4"

There are threads comparing RCX, BDS and Pro Comp. A quick search on google and will lead you to it.

Again, all great kits, but I would rather spend less to get equivalent if not more for my $$

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never lifted a truck, just did some research. So I tend to go with what the majority of people are saying, I said "cheap" because of the cost. I have no idea what the kit looks like, just trying to get some input.

TRIANGLEMAN29, in no way was I trying to put your truck down. Truck looks great, just want to get the right kit for my truck and all input is welcomed.

FASTnUGLY, how long have you had your kit on your truck? You also have a very good point about the lifetime warranty, that really puts my mind at ease. Really leaning towards the RCX 6".

thanks for all the help guys. Also what is the best tire to get? thinking about Nitto Terra Grapplers, opinions?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never lifted a truck, just did some research. So I tend to go with what the majority of people are saying, I said "cheap" because of the cost. I have no idea what the kit looks like, just trying to get some input.

TRIANGLEMAN29, in no way was I trying to put your truck down. Truck looks great, just want to get the right kit for my truck and all input is welcomed.

FASTnUGLY, how long have you had your kit on your truck? You also have a very good point about the lifetime warranty, that really puts my mind at ease. Really leaning towards the RCX 6".

thanks for all the help guys. Also what is the best tire to get? thinking about Nitto Terra Grapplers, opinions?

I have now had mine on my truck for 1 month. I know it is not long enough but it has not given me issues or creaks or noises.
Overall a great kit for money.

Regarding tires - Did you want AT (All Terrain) or MT (Mud Terrain) tires.
Now, Toyo MT and Nitto Trail are MT tires but will still last you a LONG time providing you rotate them often.
They are a little louder than AT tires.
I was going to go with Terra's but didnt. I even got input from my wife that I should go with the MT route for the complete look.

Again, just my 2 cents :)

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think MT's look bad ass, but was just concerned about them not lasting as long as AT's. Really like the mud grapplers though, so I will have to look into prices and go from there.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think MT's look bad ass, but was just concerned about them not lasting as long as AT's. Really like the mud grapplers though, so I will have to look into prices and go from there.

Toyo MT and Nitto Trail Grapplers will last you a LONG while as stated above.
Nitto Mud Grapplers are amazing looking, wont last you as long as Trail Grapplers and are more noisier.....so if you are ok with that (wish I was), grab them
Otherwise the other 2 MT tires above, are the 2 top choices among everyone here and many other truck owners.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyo MT and Nitto Trail Grapplers will last you a LONG while as stated above.
Nitto Mud Grapplers are amazing looking, wont last you as long as Trail Grapplers and are more noisier.....so if you are ok with that (wish I was), grab them
Otherwise the other 2 MT tires above, are the 2 top choices among everyone here and many other truck owners.

I think my Cooper STT's look better then yours! lol :naughty:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Dont mind BH4L he is the village idiot ...

Dont cry Scooter it was a joke . :Wedgie:

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
-12 offset Fuel Hostages and Cooper SST's 35x12.5x17

Thank you, that was a statement about the truck looking great, not a question. Sorry haha, typo.

I wanna do a 6 inch on 35s, probably after the first of the year.
Do you have any rubbing, and did you have to do any trimming?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, that was a statement about the truck looking great, not a question. Sorry haha, typo.

On a 6" lift and 35's with a -12 offset, you will have zero rub.
Im sure he will say the same :)

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

no rubbing at all. not even close...

Sent from android htc rezound.

fubu1123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that's a beautiful ram what mpg's are getting with that set up I plan I getting that same set up but really worried about the mpg's since mine will be a daily driver ?

Dak2342

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 ST
Engine
5.7L
hey D.O.P.E Motorsports I have the 4 inch rancho suspension lift in my 2012 ST and I love it. I used the rancho shocks that came with the lift. I am going to swap out the front with Bilstein 5100's set at 1.4 so I can level my truck out. Not the best picture.

Attachments

• 7739E120-C831-46B0-93FA-E6635093C97A.jpg
    7739E120-C831-46B0-93FA-E6635093C97A.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 130

DusFly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little odd of a question. I park my Ram in a garage at work. Clearance is 7' 2" for the garage. I want to do a 4" lift with 35's. Anyone who has this setup have the height for their truck? Seems like it would be ok since 4" added to the approx. 6'3 (ish) stock... but.. I'd like to have a good idea of how much extra room I will have to spare. Thanks.