4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigCheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's should be the right one. It was "doug" something. You get the unit, harness and he programs it for you. From what I found, if you buy the items separate, it's around $45 for the unit, $30 for the harness and another $30 for the program so a little cheaper if you get it packaged.

how do i contact doug?

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw that one too. I had read the instructions (which are in kind of broken English). Not quite plug and play as you need to splice wires into the diagnostic port and also in the driver's side door harness. Plus, its only $25 cheaper than the OEM kit minus the flash. Problem I have with that is that I have a brand new truck. Who should I call when it doesn't start one morning……..

Quoted for the truth! This is why I am going to get the dealer to install my remote start as well as backup cam when it's available!

Turblown03

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Directed CHTHD1 Dei Chrysler Dodge Xpresskit Plug Play Harness DB ALL2 RAM 1500 | eBay

This is for the 2012 and he answers emails. I just bought a Smart Start from him and installed it tonight. He'll be activating it tomorrow.

If the 2013 owners here will find this guy and wait a bit, he will have the kits for those soon, as well.

Thanks again, got it today and it took me longer to open the packaging then it took to install. I bought two kits and when I do my buddys truck tomorrow I'm going to time it! Ridiculous how easy it is! LOL

how do i contact doug?

Good luck getting a hold of Doug, It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard back. Go with the link above and you'll get the kit quick or if you have questions he'll answer quick too.

Turblown03

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, got it from Doug off eBay. ... correction...shipped out 12/31. Just told it made it to Wa State

I see. I ordered mine on Sunday and got it Wednesday from soundextreme1902..

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
Anyone have any luck with the ch3 harness for the 2013 I cannot find the t02 and my vehicle will not remote start it's all programmed as well and Doug has not responded for 3 days

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
Anyone have any assistance I cannot get my remote start to activate keys are programmed but will not initiate

rescuejew91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7 with 8 Speed
i just ordered mine from doug. has anyone installed the smart start into the dball2? i would like to save up to add this and would like to know how easy it is? or isn't?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i just ordered mine from doug. has anyone installed the smart start into the dball2? i would like to save up to add this and would like to know how easy it is? or isn't?

I installed my Smart Start on the DB-ALL and it works great. It's really simple.
When you get ready to do it, start a new thread or just message me.
I'm not going to go into it here. This thread has been hijacked so many times, it's almost worthless.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if anyone got this working on a '14 or not. To many posts to try to read. I could walk out and start my truck a lot of times with less effort. LOL

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen posts that say they've done it on the 13's and the sellers are selling to owners of 14's... so who knows?
Everyone posts questions, but no one wants to post any helpful info on these.
I help when I can, but I'm not buying another truck just to do a write-up on aftermarket remote start kits. :whymewhyme:

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
I got mine working just curious how to get the parking lamps on when it's started.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got mine working just curious how to get the parking lamps on when it's started.

On the 2012's (mine) the hood safety switch, valet switch and parking lamps must be hard-wired, according to the instructions.
May be the same story for the 13+