4x4 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the way I'm leaning right now.
Did you get a new set ever?

I was going back and forth between the Cooper AT3 4S and XLT and Falken Wildpeaks.

Went with the XLT a couple weeks ago. They are every bit as quiet as the stock SR-As, handle much better in wet and dry (have to wait a couple months for snow/ice, but I'm confident it will be better as well). Staying at stock size, I lost less than 0.5mpg for mileage so far and ride is still manageable, though it does ride more like a truck now, not that that is a bad thing. They look fantastic on the truck as well, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be willing to bet anyone you could call and talk to at that vendor would understand the basics. Their IT team doesn't, though.

Again, personal opinion. I wasn’t trying to start a debate and muck up the thread, so this will be my last comment on it.

I still vote ATP if you’re interested in Cooper AT tires. Better value than the AT3 tires in my opinion.

I currently have Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 285/60 20. I haven’t been off road since I bought them, but I’m sure they would handle anything you could throw at them. I plan to go back to 275/60 20 with my next set of tires though, as I don’t need or like the E load rated tires. Too stiff for my liking, and I don’t tow/haul or do any heavy off roading (2wd). I bought them because I got stuck on the beach with my stock tires, and haven’t been back since I bough them.

NorZeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Again, personal opinion. I wasn’t trying to start a debate and muck up the thread, so this will be my last comment on it.

I still vote ATP if you’re interested in Cooper AT tires. Better value than the AT3 tires in my opinion.

I currently have Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 285/60 20. I haven’t been off road since I bought them, but I’m sure they would handle anything you could throw at them. I plan to go back to 275/60 20 with my next set of tires though, as I don’t need or like the E load rated tires. Too stiff for my liking, and I don’t tow/haul or do any heavy off roading (2wd). I bought them because I got stuck on the beach with my stock tires, and haven’t been back since I bough them.
You are entitled to your opinion, nothing wrong with that. That issue just isn't something I would get too hung up on.

For example your ATP on discount tires:00f61344783d649d0a51e3dd2f4bcfef.jpg

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are entitled to your opinion, nothing wrong with that. That issue just isn't something I would get too hung up on.

For example your ATP on discount tires:00f61344783d649d0a51e3dd2f4bcfef.jpg

Lol, touché.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not fond in either option for offroad. ATP or even the most aggresive AT3 XLT from Cooper have 2 ply sidewalls. ST-Maxx have a 3 ply sidewall (Look for Armor Tek3 designation in case of Cooper tires), same for the STT Pros. That's also why those are more expensive as well. Don't get me wrong the ATP's or AT3 XLT are still AT's, but they're not their max effort offroad tires. STmaxx or STT pro are.
They'll get the job done if you're looking for AT's just be aware of their sidewalls if you running them in trails where they could be subject to puctures from things that may be a little sharper that normal like rocks, wood sticks, stumps and the like.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting ready to replace the factory Goodyears with something a little more aggressive. Looking very seriously at Cooper at3, either the 4s or the xlt. Had good luck with Coopers in the past but never this exact tire. Wanting a quite all terrain. Any comments are appreciated!!!

2014 Laramie 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7, 8 speed, factory air ride.

here you go, quiet ride
upload_2020-8-12_17-1-38.png
upload_2020-8-12_17-2-10.png

nowukno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Only got about 5k so far on my at3 4s but so far i love them. So much better than than crap Goodyears that came on it. Great grip on wet roads....Snapchat-662635525.jpg 20200708_153131.jpg

Last edited:

chopstewie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi v8 gas
Getting ready to replace the factory Goodyears with something a little more aggressive. Looking very seriously at Cooper at3, either the 4s or the xlt. Had good luck with Coopers in the past but never this exact tire. Wanting a quite all terrain. Any comments are appreciated!!!

2014 Laramie 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7, 8 speed, factory air ride.
Have you considered the General Grabber ATX? Load D range in 275 60 20 and $225 at discount tire. Fantastic in mud, snow and wet/dry. Quiet as far as AT tires go. They actually get more quiet as you wear down the tread. They are a bit heavy at 60 lbs. I have been pleased with them.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you considered the General Grabber ATX? Load D range in 275 60 20 and $225 at discount tire. Fantastic in mud, snow and wet/dry. Quiet as far as AT tires go. They actually get more quiet as you wear down the tread. They are a bit heavy at 60 lbs. I have been pleased with them.

Where you located?
I live in Chicago suburbs and have 61k on my stock toyo at2s.
My list currently:
1. Goodyear Duratrac/ultraterrain
2. General ATX (very close second)
3. BFG KO2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I've been super happy with my Kanati Trail Hogs!
They are 10plys- super tough and are wearing great so far.
Been awesome in every terrain including snow and ice.
$177 is a great price too for 33" x20 tire...
TH.jpg
I had planned on trying the Kanati MudHogs when these are shot but frankly, they are wearing so good that I'll probably trade my truck off before needing another set...

Last edited:

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I liked my Duratracs but refuse to ever buy Goodyear again after seeing their company dress policy today which allows BLM and lbbtq clothing, but bans any blue lives, maga, all lives, etc. Tire brands don't need to make things political so bye Good year

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I will buy Goodyear products at every opportunity now. Screw orange man. :flipthebird::dancingpoop:

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve had all of the above and now have Toyo Open Country R/T’s 35x12.50R20 and they blow away anything else I’ve ever had. Great on and off road, and fairly quiet on the highway.

Maverick10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So far have been impressed with my first set of Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5R20
For a mud tire, pretty quiet. Hear it a little at highway speeds with music off and no one talking. (and the music is never off)
Had duratracs before these, and it's not even close. Nitto ftw!

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will buy Goodyear products at every opportunity now. Screw orange man. :flipthebird::dancingpoop:
How’s that working out for you now??? LMAO, better hurry and buy some Goodyears if you can still afford them.

Shopping for tires. Need something for extreme winter environment. Talking forging a path in 12” of fresh snow along with packed snow to ice.

Coopers AT3, tried them and terrible in winter weather. How terrible $14k worth of damage terrible. Use to be a good company years ago, now it’s just a Goodyear subsidiary.

Goodyear duratracs, on my 5th set in five years. Work great, don’t last past 25k and have to buy another set every year. Plus really don’t care for Goodyear even with the military 25% off.

BFG KO2, used them in the past and were great. A lot of complaints recently about their quality. Not willing to pay $$$ on a unknown.

Has anyone ran Nokias Rotiiva AT Plus? How are they?

Last edited:

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'm running 35" Kenda Klever RTs on my Power Wagon and after 1-1/2 years I still love them.
The Kenda Klever AT2s I put on my wife's Trailhawk in Oct on the other hand have become kind of noisy on the highway...