5.0 Uconnect will not come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy Marsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I'm new here my name is Jeremy and I drive a 2016 Ram 5.7. Yesterday morning as I started my truck to head to work, my radio never came on. I tried the old "turning if off and on again" a few times with no luck. I thought that maybe when I left work that it would have fixed itself. Wrong! I tried resetting it by holding down the VR and Phone buttons as I read about, no luck. I unhooked the battery for 10 minutes, still nothing. The only thing it does is the Ram logo will display for a couple minutes then go completely black for a bit, then back to the Ram logo. The day before I was listening to music off my phone and when the song would change, it just read the one I started with and stayed frozen with that artist and song displayed. I contacted the dealership and they told me to bring it in. I don't want to spend a fortune for them to just look at it. I went on the Uconnect website and checked to see if it needed an update, it said that it was up to date, so I contacted customer service and explained to them what issues I was having. They said that an update to fix these issues is coming out, but they have no ETA on it yet. She started a claim for me and told me to go have a diagnostics test ran on the radio at the dealership and if the radio needed replacement that Uconnect would cover it but wouldn't be able to pay for the test. So I have a claim number for my radio but, if that's not the problem then I'm out of pocket. December will make 2 years that I've had the truck so I'm still in the 3 year part of the warranty but at 89000 miles I am slightly over the 36000 mile part of it. How many miles do you really put on a radio though? I haven't seen anyone with this exact problem yet so any info will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long first post, and thanks for any advice you all may have.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Nevermind. I see your radio is rebooting which means it has power...

There is a secret fuse near the brake master cylinder. Locate it and pull the fuse to remove power to the radio and see if that resets it. Or you could just pull off a battery cable.

Last edited:

mike brewer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issues with the uconnect and I also just noticed my gauges and radio screen are lit up hours after I shut the truck down for the night.
Going to the dealership next Tuesday will let you know what they say.

mike brewer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: I couldn't wait for dealer low temps and lights staying on all night forced me to take action here at home.
I followed advice from another forum and disconnected the negative battery cable and waited a minute or so, after reconnecting cable I started the engine and everything works like new
the check engine light went out which tells me the fuel level sensor is working again too. I'm pleased with the result for now hope it holds for the duration.