5.7 Hemi won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdgrantz63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last June my 5.7 Hemi with 290k miles died. I purchased a remanufactured engine and had it installed. It ran great but the red lightening bolt was flashing and the mechanic said it needed a new throttle body but it would be fine like it is. I drove it like that for 12k miles but suddenly it had a couple of episodes where it was very difficult to start and then finally wouldn't start at all. I purchased a new throttle body and replaced it, following the instructions on programming it. The throttle body light was still flashing but it started and ran fine for another 1000 miles.

I was driving it recently and while driving down the road the engine just shut off. As I coasted I put it in neutral and simply restarted it with no problem. This happened about 5 times until I reached my destination. About 6 hours later it started right up but about a mile into the trip it stalled for good.

Here are the codes that I got:

P0038 H02S Heater Control Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor High Input

P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High

I'm a little confused about the codes. The truck didn't overheat at all and the heater has been working well.

I've consulted the local experts and have followed their advice. First I replaced the PCM but that was no help, wouldn't start. I also changed the MAP Sensor, still no help. It won't start.

An interesting thing that I noticed: The plug going to the MAP sensor has 3 wires in it. They are for 5 volt positive, ground, and signal. I checked them with a multimeter with it disconnected from the MAP sensor and got these results...5 volts on the wire providing power, a good ground on the center one, and 5 volts on the signal wire. It would seem to me that I shouldn't get anything on the signal wire, that it should receive a certain amount of voltage between 0 and 5 volts to send back to the computer. Am I right about this?

I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do next. Sorry for the long post, I wanted to provide as much information as I could. Anybody have any ideas?