6 month vararam Air Grabber review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartTimeHero

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014/ 2004
Engine
Hemi 5.7 x 2
Hard to say, It's definitely throatier, but if you look, mines not like any of the rest because I custom built mine and modified it to work on an 03 Hemi for which they don't exist. It also has a deep rich rumble and loud when pushed due to the Gibson Cat-Back.
the vararam hemi underglass doesnt work on an 03? I have one on my 04 and I love it

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just put my Vararam in this afternoon. So far I'm loving this thing. The only 2 complaints I have are the filter doesn't look like it's completely sealing against the bottom of the unit which is easy enough to fix with some foam tape, and the air dam is covering most of the trans cooler. Anyone had trans cooling issues with a 5/6 speed with a Vararam? I'm assuming it's not an issue, it's just something I noticed.

OP
OP
BrianandChrissy

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Just put my Vararam in this afternoon. So far I'm loving this thing. The only 2 complaints I have are the filter doesn't look like it's completely sealing against the bottom of the unit which is easy enough to fix with some foam tape, and the air dam is covering most of the trans cooler. Anyone had trans cooling issues with a 5/6 speed with a Vararam? I'm assuming it's not an issue, it's just something I noticed.
Not one single issue with mine. Love it!!!3d7f1cc23fb412c295f4f623a75dbe17.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Is there a Vararam for the 6.4?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive been researching and pondering the Vararam over the past week. Take aesthetically pleasing to the eye out...are the performance gains worth the expense? My truck sounds magnificent with my 18”MF exhaust, so not interested in it sounding any louder either. Currently running a K&N drop in, Pedal Commander and the freed up exhaust as the only engine enhancements.
Secondly, anyone using it with the enlarged/ported throttle body? Results?

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I wish they made one for the 3.6 Pentastar. If there's any truth to the horsepower and torque gains advertised... it would be pretty noticeable in the V6.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Vararam with the larger Moe's throttle body. I'm happy with the results. Each bolt on mod you do is all a piece of the whole process. Each mod, singularly, is not going to reduce your track times by 5 or 6 seconds(exaggerated). Each mod, together with the other mod's you have done will become the "total package" so to speak and you will see a significant difference in the performance of your truck because of all the mod's together. It's pretty hard to measure each and every mod you do individually unless you have unlimited funds to dyno your truck after every mod. IMHO seat of the pants measurements has more to do with the amount of money you spent of a particular mod, instead of the effectiveness of that particular mod. The more you paid, the faster your truck feels.
Jay

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I have a Vararam with the larger Moe's throttle body. I'm happy with the results. Each bolt on mod you do is all a piece of the whole process. Each mod, singularly, is not going to reduce your track times by 5 or 6 seconds(exaggerated). Each mod, together with the other mod's you have done will become the "total package" so to speak and you will see a significant difference in the performance of your truck because of all the mod's together. It's pretty hard to measure each and every mod you do individually unless you have unlimited funds to dyno your truck after every mod. IMHO seat of the pants measurements has more to do with the amount of money you spent of a particular mod, instead of the effectiveness of that particular mod.
Jay
Well said, Jay.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate the info and insight. I get it. The mad money slush fund has been drastically depleted recently....im pretty flippin happy with my current power and performance, but always wanting more. Especially to recover what I lost with larger tires. I know the solution for that and its beyond my mechanical skills/experience (gear swap).

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone with the 5/6 speed have any issues with their trans temps higher than normal with the Vararam? That air dam essentially covers the trans cooler...

OP
OP
BrianandChrissy

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Anyone with the 5/6 speed have any issues with their trans temps higher than normal with the Vararam? That air dam essentially covers the trans cooler...
None here. Maybe you can trim the air dam away from the trans cooler and see if that does the trick?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
None here. Maybe you can trim the air dam away from the trans cooler and see if that does the trick?

Thought about that or just removing it altogether. Another member on here just removed it and his temps went down a bit...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate the info and insight. I get it. The mad money slush fund has been drastically depleted recently....im pretty flippin happy with my current power and performance, but always wanting more. Especially to recover what I lost with larger tires. I know the solution for that and its beyond my mechanical skills/experience (gear swap).

Changing gears in the late model 4th Gen 4x4 gets pretty expensive and also labor intensive. FCA didn't do us any favors in this regard. LOL
Jay