68rfe leakin trans fluid...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Going in tomorrow at 2, with the laundry list of stuff (trans. The 2 recalls, and my power steering pump that's making funky bearing noises and not always giving full assist in the steering and brakes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Interesting. That would be better then having to drop the whole driveline for internal stuff... Right now. Waiting on the dealer to call me back... Apparently loaner cars are not covered under warranty... Unless you have an extended warranty... Which when my truck is my only set of wheels... Is a problem... Not to bash mopar, but atleast Chevy gave out loaners (my dad had those many times [emoji23])

Figured it worked out great getting a full pan of new ATF on the house halfway through the interval.

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Truck is at the dealer, now to sit back and wait

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Dealer called. Truck is done. Pick it up tomorrow, said it was the pan gasket, and did the recalls (I guess even the shift lock, will confirm when I pick it up) of course the power steering pump was quiet and didn't act up for them (maytag man theory) by the time we get to the cold weather and when it will start acting up again more consistently I'll be out of warranty [emoji52]

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Interesting. That would be better then having to drop the whole driveline for internal stuff... Right now. Waiting on the dealer to call me back... Apparently loaner cars are not covered under warranty... Unless you have an extended warranty... Which when my truck is my only set of wheels... Is a problem... Not to bash mopar, but atleast Chevy gave out loaners (my dad had those many times [emoji23])

No loaner vehicle isn't a Mopar thing but more of a dealer thing. I have two Mopars from two different dealers. One dealer gave us a punch card for 6 loaner cars & the other one will only give you a lift back to the house or work in their courtesy vehicle.

OP
OP
lpfm1990

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Update

Got the truck back today, pan gasket resealed and 7qts of fresh mopar Atf [emoji106]

Water pump recall down also, and 3 gallons of fresh anti-freeze [emoji106]

Transmission brake interlock also done [emoji106]

Now to hope my power steering pump screws up before the 36k shows up on my odo (I'll have 36k longer before the 3 year mark)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500